Dear Ice Cream,

Options
13»

Replies

• gayletgreat
    gayletgreat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ICE CREAM...I live for ICE CREAM! It is its own food group! It is heaven in a bowl.
    Dear Ice Cream, I love you!
    My goal in life is to make friends with this forbidden entity. I want it to be my friend not my enemy. I want to embrace it ... enjoy its magnificence. I do not want to take it for granted nor abuse it or have it torture me. Ice cream, you are my delicious dream.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    ice cream is delicious. I recommend eating some if you want some
  • secoke
    secoke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I thought my self control with ice cream was bad, now I have a raging sore throat and its cold goodness is all that seems to make it better! Portion control barely exists, and of course I'm too sick to go running to burn off the calories :(
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm tempted to eat ice cream...I just look at the big, fat container they put it in....and I think "Wow...they put it in that big, fat container because they think my big, fat *kitten* is gonna eat it all!!"

Then I happily settle for the mini container of Skinny Cow..for 110 calories

And I realize.....my booty looks better in the mini size......NOT the Family Size.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Dear Ice Cream:

I eat you everyday! You make my tummy happy!

Love,

Me

p.s. as long as you have a serving, and it fits into your cals for the day- go for it! I am of the mind frame everything in moderation. I have lost 19 lbs eating it, sometimes twice a day :)
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    What's the appeal of ice cream? I'll admit I've never been able to get into it.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I'd do anything for a cheeky threesome with Ben and Jerry right now :wink:

Girl- I am with you on that!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Dear Ice Cream:

I eat you everyday! You make my tummy happy!

Love,

Me

p.s. as long as you have a serving, and it fits into your cals for the day- go for it! I am of the mind frame everything in moderation. I have lost 19 lbs eating it, sometimes twice a day :)

:D
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm tempted to eat ice cream...I just look at the big, fat container they put it in....and I think "Wow...they put it in that big, fat container because they think my big, fat *kitten* is gonna eat it all!!"

Then I happily settle for the mini container of Skinny Cow..for 110 calories

And I realize.....my booty looks better in the mini size......NOT the Family Size.

LOL - that's funny. I actually have found the key to eating icecream is to eat it at home, and out of a small bowl. When I lived with family it was always served in a big bowl (and always filled to the brim and heaped with toppings). Now I eat it out of these small bowls that my husband had from before we got married. It ends up being the correct portion and I don't look at a small serving in a giant bowl and think I'm supposed to add more. I also pick things with interesting things already added in (and included in the calories) so that I'm not adding on. I get the great flavors, the small portion and a satisfied sweet tooth. :-)
  • acs4162
    acs4162 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I miss you, but only sometimes. I ate you over spring break and you gave me a rash and stomach ache, because I've been without dairy for so long. I do miss you chocolate peanut butter, cookies'n cream, and you with the chunks of chocolate stuff. Please melt away and never come back, so I don't eat you again.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    When I want your creamy, chilled goodness I buy just a small, serving and then I got out to my freezer in the garage and pull out two thin mint girl scout cookies and crumble them on top. I am satisfied! I sometimes play a game, the only time I can have ice cream is when I hear the Ice Cream truck song!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Chunky Monkey today. Get to eat 1/2 pint. Yeah..........................means I have to kick the bag for about 30 minutes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I'd do anything for a cheeky threesome with Ben and Jerry right now :wink:

Girl- I am with you on that!

Nice, I like even numbers :laugh: