need help, any advice please

Options
well heres some history i need something to start off slow i havent worked out in over a year i had my son in sept and had a csection that im still not completly healed from the dr said im fine to start working out i just have to keep an eye on it, so i want something to start getting back to where i can work out like i use to, im deffinantly interested in doing the jillian michaels 30 day shred but would that be a good start??

Replies

• Andrea_McQ
    Andrea_McQ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I also had a baby by section in September so am having to be careful about what exercise I am doing. I had to push on earlier though as for health reasons I had to start getting the weight off! I've been doing zumba, before that I did wii fit (too easy) and my fitness coach dance workouts (similar to zumba intensity wise, but I prefer the zumba vibe) and I started originally just on the x trainer which was mostly fine too - as long as I didn't go too hard or fast too soon I was fine.

I'd say give zumba a go, first, if you can and maybe do a low intensity shorter workout to see how you are - you'll feel it the next day, unfortunately, rather than during the workout so it's a bit of trial and error to find the right level for you! You will probably surprise yourself with how much you can do, but take it at your own pace as you can always go up a level next time but if you go too hard it can take a couple of days to get going again.

I'm thinking of maybe doing Turbo Fire, but am a bit wary of committing to the schedule of it both time wise (2 smallies in the house makes things a bit hectic!) and also wondering if I'm ready for it physically. I don't want to work so hard I can't lift the baby after! I might have a look at doing a session over the weekend and see how I feel.

Sorry for rambling a bit, hope some of this helps and best of luck with everything!
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I don't have any kids, but I have done Jillian Michael's videos- there is nothing slow or easy about them. It's intense from minute one. You should probably work your way up to her- that woman is a machine!! Good luck! :)
  • kymme16
    kymme16 Posts: 15
    Options
    u dont need to apoligize for rambeling it hleps knowing someone out there is in the same situation i felt lik ei was being rediculous bc people work out after a baby and there fine. im gonna look into the zumba fitness i did the 1st day of the biggest loser jump start and it was ok i didnt realize how out of shape i really was. im gonna look into the zumba though my 8 year old worked out with me this morning and i think she would like the dance and we have a kinect so maybe i can find one for that. thanks for all the advice
  • Andrea_McQ
    Andrea_McQ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Please don't, we all have to start somewhere! I felt extra ridiculous as I hadn't lost weight after baby #1 who is 3, and really it wasn't even baby weight, but this time it is going to work and is already working. Once you start to see and feel differences it's a great motivator to keep going.

Zumba 2 that I use on wii is also on kinect, have seen it mentioned on here and the only difference seems to be the calorie count isn't as accurate as on wii but the songs are better. Maybe try by yourself to see if you can do it with 8yo around, hard to look at anything else when trying to concentrate on the steps! You start to burn cals with it when you start moving, even learning steps, so just keep trying (as long as it doesn't hurt!) I don't do it often enough, but that's a time issue rather than anything to do with the section as such. Enjoy it, it's great fun too!
  • hellotina
    hellotina Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    while 30 day shred is an amazing work out for losing inches it is REALLY intense, even the modified moves. so if you do it be very careful. i agree with the above posts about checking into zumba. good luck!