+ protein - carbs

Options
i am using this site after coming off of an HCG diet. I have abou 25 lbs more that I want to lose before reaching my target weight. The problem I am having is that my body is used to having more protein and very low carbs (not omitting carbs...but not the 165g my tracker says). I seem to double my protein amount daily and do less than half the carbs....but still staying 100 cal below what I should. Is this going to be a problem? I want to continue to lose weight...and when I ger closer to my target I will begin to add back carbs and decrease the protein...but I was hoping for feedback from others that are used to the + protein and - carb. Thanks!

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Without seeing your food diary it's hard to say how you're cutting your carbs. Worst case scenario I could foresee is that you may be missing some other nutrients if you've cut back on fruits & vegetables.

How much are you exercising? If your carb intake is low you may find you lack energy.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    This site by default is set to 55% carbs, 30% fats, 15% proteins. I changed my goals to somewhere I was more comfortable -- I've got 45% carbs and 25% protein, and actually working on raising the protein.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    Protein is more important than carbs, so I see no reason for decreasing it once you hit goal weight.
  • vemaddox
    vemaddox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am on the medi weight loss program where you eat high protien and very low carbs (about 26 net carbs a day). If you havnt done so already try cutting out the starchy veggies. you are getting carbs through the other veggies. i have lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks, i go in tomorrow for my week 3 weigh in. if you do decided to add some carbs back in make sure you do the work outs to help burn off the carbs..hope that helps
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You can change your carb and protein amounts to accommodate your diet. I'm diabetic and eat little carbs so I just changed things around to get the levels I'm looking for. It's somewhere in your profile settings. You eventually get to a page with radio buttons that says let mfp set your stuff or custom. Choose custom and tweak your percentages. I think I have my carbs at 20% right now.
  • jennurban333
    Options
    Thanks All! I'm not cutting out my carbs...just ate a slice of lo-carb whole wheat breat...I eat fruits...veggies...and some foods have carbs in them....I just don't eat a lot of straight starches. I do mild exercise...walking...treadmill...elliptical...etc. Nothing too heavy on the exercise side or I would need to increase my carbs. I may change the % as suggested to increase my proteins (only lean proteins...not loading on bacon burgers or anything bad like that) and decrease the % of carbs. My morning protein bar alone has over 17 carbs in it...I'm getting them in...just not 100+ per day. Thanks again!:flowerforyou: