Exercises I can do without equipment

Options
Ok so i need my serious help I take care of mentally and physically handicapped adults, because of which i work 12 hr shifts 7 days on and 7 days off....when i am on my 7 off i find it easier to exercise however when i have to be at work at 6am and live about 45 mins away from my work at 4 am I would rather sleep then workout....so I am trying to come up with some exercises i can do while at working taking care of my client.... if you guys have any suggestions i would really appreciate it!

Replies

• adf4
    adf4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...do you have access to a dvd player? I really like Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home dvd and I'm currently doing the 30 DS dvd...maybe something like that could help. :)
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    simple things like planks, situps, lunges etc would probably be a good start.
    then you'd obviously want to get some weight training in on your 7 days off.
  • kmpatterson12
    kmpatterson12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is there some kind of exercise list i can find that can give me a list of exercises that i could do with number of reps ans such with it?
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You can look up zwow videos on youtube and bodyrock.tv has tons. They are hard but short and great!
    Wanted to add these are strength training workouts-pushups, squats, lunges,etc-they are bodyweight exercises and there are modifications for everything.
  • vidoardes
    vidoardes Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've found this very helpful:

http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/a/weight101_2.htm

Some of them include a ball, but in general there is plenty to work out every area with just a simple set of weights and some space