Weight Watchers & MFP

Options
SO, since my eating habits are everywhere, and can be very wrong, especially when I get cravings, I am going to switch my eating habits around. I am going to start eating the weight watchers frozen foods for either lunch, dinner, or just both. Yea, I always hear that frozen foods are bad, but its the only way I can know the exact calories I am going to eat. Plus, it is a little fulling. I just need to keep myself on track. Has anyone else done it this way? Or are most people actually on the weight watchers program?

Replies

• RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Actually, when I was doing WW it was recommended to only eat the frozen meals maybe 2-3 times a week, due to the high sodium content.

The best way I found to learn portion sizes was to buy normal things and get the little snack baggies and make my own individual servings. I'd do that as soon as I got home from the store, and then put the baggies in a basket on the counter. It made it much easier to see how much I was eating.
  • jennimben
    jennimben Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i tried that but got tired of the meals pretty fast. It is all about organization and making sure you have food available. Microwaving a potato, having string cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, low cal snack crackers/pretzels around the house. I found it felt a lot better when I wasn't eating so much processed, frozen food. But it is really hard to be organized enough to eat fresh, homemade. I say half and half is a good way to start- frozen food for the meals that are the most difficult to be ready for! Good luck, you'll do terrific!
  • meliibabii87
    Options
    Thank you both!
    Its just that when I am at work, I sometimes find it so difficult to eat right, especially that I work with my family, and they are always buying lunches that I know I shouldnt eat!
    I still will be making my homemade sandwiches! And baked potato sounds good too!
    I also used to eat so much homemade salads with grilled chicken!
    =]
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I keep a few frozen WW meals in my freezer so I always have something to bring in for lunch. I also keep frozen vegetables on hand for those days. The frozen meal itself simply isn't enough fuel, and I'm disappointed in the seemingly lack of veggies.
  • meliibabii87
    Options
    Yeaaa. I bought some to have for work, so if everyone else buys lunch, at least I know that I have something in the freezer!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I think you do what works for you! When you're just starting or trying to figure it out, you're all over the place. Develop a routine or a list of stuff that's "doable" for you. Then as you get used to it or you see something isn't working, you adjust.