Healthy BMI :) and Pics :)

Options
katcod1522
katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
A little background. I weighed 214.6 on April 13 2011 at a dr appt. Hello! Can you say wake up call! I started walking/running 3 days a week in May 2011. (Very slow walk..then started a few min jogging). I thought since Im running I can still eat what I want! WRONG! I started my journey with WW in July 2011 at 209.6. I struggled. Started my journey with MFP in Oct 2011 at 192.6. I net about 1200-1300 cals a day except on longer run days..then I eat more. Basically...I listen to my body. I eat pretty clean...whole grain, lean meats, fruits and veggies and Im a total PB *kitten* :) lol. And I allow myself treats in moderation. My diary is always planned out 3-5 days in advance and I make changes as needed daily. (blame this on my OCD) haha. I had a goal in my head to reach that healthy BMI number (136.7). Today, I hit 136.2. I am down 78.4lbs since April 13 2011. My UGW is 129.6 (-85lbs and 6.6lbs to get there). I plan to tone and maintain at that weight with a little wiggle room of a few lbs. I have ran 4 5ks, an 8k and completed my first half marathon (2:33:14) last weekend. I am registered for my second half in May and my third in Nov. A few smaller races a long the way. Im not fast....but I can run longer :) I run 3 days a week about 18-20 miles a week. I strength train 2 days a week and rest 2 days a week. I could not have done this without all the support from my MFP family. And trust me..I was the weak 214.6lb girl..with no motivation. Now...I am a strong 136 lb woman with an amazing amount of self control and self discipline (so Ive been told). If I can do this...so can YOU!

office32612-1.jpg

Replies

• katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    sorry..large pic! right click and you can few the entire collage :)
  • Rboch
    Rboch Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you, you look fantastic!!
  • MrsValentine
    MrsValentine Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and so motivating for me! Starting about the same and UG is about the same! Thanks for your story!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612
    Options
    Phenomenal! And very inspirational! You look gorgeous...but even better is your level of fitness!
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow you've done amazingly well, you are an inpsiration!
  • miltonp50
    miltonp50 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. You are my inspiration for the day. You've been very successful on your journey.
  • mom2scc
    mom2scc Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting, you look great and an inspiration...
  • MorissaW
    MorissaW Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Amazing! you look great!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    good for you! congratulations!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! So inspiring!!! Good job!
  • 4hotmama
    4hotmama Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You are to awesome Kat!!!
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story and great inspiration! Great job!
  • bikelover1959
    Options
    hi
    you look amazing, thanks for posting its a great story
  • exzcape
    exzcape Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    How Amazing!!! Great job you look fabulous!
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    fantastic job!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic...and younger in the after pix!
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Im a total PB *kitten* :)

PH *kitten* unite!!! You are amazing girl. Keep rockin' keep. Keep inspiring. :)
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You are amazing! Keep killing it, killer!
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm at about the same place as when you started. What an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!