Sick of how I look

I have no clue how I got to where I got, but I'm going to get back to where I was.

Hello from the Republic of Arlington, Virginia!

Replies

• bazfitness
    bazfitness Posts: 275 Member
    Good for you. Best of luck with it.
  • vidoardes
    vidoardes Posts: 70 Member
    I know how you feel, I just turned 25 and had been in denial about my weight for a little while, finally stepped on the scales and realised I had hit 240lbs... that was enough to make me wanna change. I am already 8.5lbs down in 4 weeks, but the biggest change is to my fitness, I keep gradually increasing the exercise I am doing because I feel less and less out of breath.

Hopefully will be able to post some comparison pics in a years time when I am proud of how I look, and not scared of the camera anymore! :wink:
  • joshb06
    joshb06 Posts: 2
    Hey, I just started this past weekend.
    I turned on wii fit & realized I gained 10 lbs every year for the last 3 years. With my 28th birtday coming up, I just know I have to do something before it gets more difficult. I want to lose 20 pounds by June and just keep active from here on out.
  • joshb06
    joshb06 Posts: 2
    I think I'll add my biggest fear in life: Having the typical programmer look. Skinny guy with a huge gut, bursting at the waistline. I'd take big all around over the starving 3rd world look. Time to do something about it.
  • peachy_keen
    peachy_keen Posts: 43 Member
    Welcome, from another NoVA resident. You'll find that there are a lot of great folks on her that can encourage and trade war stories with you. I wish you luck! You can do this. We all can with the right support.
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Among a ton of other things to keep in mind during this journey you have begun, please remember that we are all in this together and you are not alone. Please feel free to lean on us in times when it gets tough, and share with us your greatest successes!

Feel free to add me!
  • mmck1006
    mmck1006 Posts: 15 Member
    Best wishes on your journey.
  • VAgal123
    VAgal123 Posts: 35
    Hello from SW VA! I'm in the same boat! At one time I lost 75 lbs (I miss you ephedra) and in the past two years I've managed to gain 30 lbs back! Only joined MFP yesterday and already feel the support here is amazing! We can all do this together!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Welcome! I love Arlington (cept the traffic lol) You can do it, you know where all fitness freaks in NOVA, you'll catch the bug soon enough lol.
  • shar0006
    shar0006 Posts: 19 Member
    I totally understand how you feel. best of luck!
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Been there, done that! Don't be discouraged, but be thankful that you feel the way you do, it's the first step toward success! Keep up posted.
  • vidoardes
    vidoardes Posts: 70 Member
    I think I'll add my biggest fear in life: Having the typical programmer look. Skinny guy with a huge gut, bursting at the waistline. I'd take big all around over the starving 3rd world look. Time to do something about it.

At least I'm not the only programmer on here! (Although I'm not skinny with a gut, just classic Dungeons & Dragons Chunk :wink:) I used to used it as an excuse, "I work 9 hours a day, 5 days a week at a desk, I don't have time to loose weight". I get up an hour early to do 40 minutes of exercise and I walk 2 miles every lunchtime instead of hopping in the car to get a sandwich. I have also started doing weights & crunches 3 times a week, very determined to loose the "spare tyre" programmer look too!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Good luck! X
  • mwill757
    mwill757 Posts: 9
    I understand that....you can do it...hello from Norfolk, VA:happy: