Victorious Victoria Fitness Challenge April 10

Options
Good morning ladies. Totally boring me here. Did my Hip Hop Abs again. While I'm bored already, I can see and feel a difference now that I have changed my workout. I also got in a mile walk already while pushing a stroller and dodging two other little ones on big wheels....YIKES!

Taking my grandson and son to the park later so I'm hoping for a bit more "play time".

Happy Thursday:flowerforyou:

Replies

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Totally boring me here. Did my Hip Hop Abs again. While I'm bored already, I can see and feel a difference now that I have changed my workout. I also got in a mile walk already while pushing a stroller and dodging two other little ones on big wheels....YIKES!

Taking my grandson and son to the park later so I'm hoping for a bit more "play time".

Happy Thursday:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today I'm hitting the elliptical, and walking there and back. Will report HRM results for elliptical.

Experimenting this week with alternating strength and cardio days, instead of doubling up. After finishing my BL sculpt yesterday, it felt like I was cheating to have that be all I did. (well, not too much like cheating, that video kicks my butt. . .literally)

I'm also getting bored, Julie. . .maybe it's spring fever. I'm actually contemplating putting different kinds of cardio in a jar and picking what to do that day every morning.

Happy Thursday, positivity all around.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Julie - any chance can afford Netflix? You could explore a lot more videos that way. I think their 2 videos a month is like $5. I'm trying all kinds of stuff. Of course the library is the cheapest option, but it's limited. Ours has a really bad selection. Just a thought.

Well I thought I did something harder than lunges yesterday. I'm not sore today though. It hurt so much when we were doing it, a fellow classmate said, "my legs feel like they're giving birth!"
    If you have an exercise ball, here's how to try it: http://exercise.about.com/od/lowerbodyworkouts/ss/deadlifts_3.htm - I think it's called a hamstring curl on the ball. Our teacher mentioned you could lift one leg. I looked around - no one was lifting one leg. :laugh:
    I'm never that sore after my strength training class. Just all jiggly.

Anyway, I did 1 hour strength and 50 minute walk. I'll do some experimental lunges today to see if I'm up to the BL.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I walked for thirty minutes this morning, and surveyed the damage in my area from the storms. Just on the two streets it takes for me to walk to the park, there were five big healthy trees split in half! So it was an interesting walk. Now I have to go clean everything because we have an ant infestation and I don't know what they are after. So I will be burning calories doing that!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all -- getting a bit bored as well. I don't know when my knee is going to be back at 100% (had surgery 2 months ago), so until then it's either swimming or biking for me. I cheated a little bit this morning and tried out the BL cardio on my FitTV but the knee was definitely protesting all the lunges.

So the plan for today is:

1. BL 20 minutes cardio done, swim for 30 minutes
    2. Power sculpt for 20 minutes
    3. Eat slowly and mindfully
    4. Take my vitamins and drink my tea

Vicky1 -- I hope your puppy is doing okay. I just went through that a month ago. It is so hard.
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Hi all

Had a sore throat this morning so didn't get on the elliptical as planned feeling a bit run down I think is due to the worry of the dog I wish I could get a positive frame of mind going I seem to hate the elliptical at the moment and make excuses not to go on it. I just look at the dog (her name is Toffee and it is the one on the right in my pic) and cant help breaking down she started her new heart meds today total 5 tablets at various intervals through the day she is back at the vets in 2 weeks to see if they are helping.

Did however walk my other dog at 6am very brisk pace (his name is clifford) and got in 15 mins of DDR on difficult enough to break into a heavy sweat.

Tomorrow I will do core secrets dvd 25 mins total body workout and then I will go out for a jog hopefully I will make friends with the elliptical again at the weekend I am still committed to losing weight but can't seem to get the motivation at the moment to get of my backside I have scaled down my cals and am sticking to them so hopefully wont gain any weight I need to give myself a good talking to.

Have a great day all.:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hang in there everyone. I think a little break from all this effort is very rejuvinating and totally necessary! Plus, it gives you a week or two to practice maintenance skills. If you just can't find the motivation, step back & enjoy life without counting calories; you'll be surprised how you are "aware" of them, but not counting.

Did upper body workout today. Not as intense as lower body, so I ran 2 miles after the lifting. I have to let you all laugh at my expense :blushing: ... got up this morning, staggered into the bathroom, sat down and actually yelped My butt hurts sooooo bad! :laugh: