Up your calories and see results!!!

Options
Coco_Puff
Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
I can't believe this is working!!! I have been eating higher calories, around 1800 per day, which includes calories burned, and my clothes are fitting better than ever!!! I put a top on today right out of the dryer, I have always stretched on it before so it wouldn't pull at the buttons. Today, no stretching needed!!!! So excited!!! I'm working out, eating more, and seeing results!!! YAY!!!!!!

Replies

• MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! I just started upping mine this week to 1861!
  • NicoleSchimmel
    NicoleSchimmel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great job!!

What did you up your calories from? This might just be the thread I needed! I'm at 1220 calories (without exercise), but am on a 3 week plateau. I eat back almost all my exercise calories, because I don't want to drop below 1220.

Awesome job again!!!
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great Job!

I wonder if this is something that I need to do. I have been exercising and watching what i am eating for about a month now. The first 2 weeks i lost about 7 pounds. Now these last 2 weeks all the scale has been doing is staying between 147-149. I wouldn't have hit a plateu already would have I? I would like to lose 12-14 more pounds. Do i need to up my cardio? I have currently started doing the 30 ds.

Any suggestions would be helpful!
  • egiakatt
    egiakatt Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was at 1200... Upped mine to 1400 to 1500 eight days ago. Yesterday I weighed and have lost 2 pounds ***smiling***
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Great job!!

What did you up your calories from? This might just be the thread I needed! I'm at 1220 calories (without exercise), but am on a 3 week plateau. I eat back almost all my exercise calories, because I don't want to drop below 1220.

Awesome job again!!!

Head over to Eat more to weigh less board for more info!
  • christinarosebud
    Options
    That's really interesting...I'll keep it in mind down the road.
  • pumpkin_mel
    Options
    bump
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm freaking out but I am going to up mine as well. Eating 1200 calories is not working for me. Im stuck stuck stuck :(
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am at 1600 now & lost 2lbs in 1 1/2 weeks vs when I was on 1200 & wasn't losing anything...I am now thinking of going up to around 1800 & see what happens...1600 was alot for me I thought at first but from what I am hearing I probably should up it to 1800...Thank you all for sharing. :)

16043484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Oh boy... this is AWESOME! Thanks for this post!
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Matrix Neo!

I feel like I beg people to eat more because I know the effects it has on fat loss.

Some are just lost to the idea that low cals will net better results but the damage done to lean mass is hard to bounce back from.

For those who are interested in doing their own numbers you can check the link on my profile.
    Follow the directions to the letter and you can do this yourself!

Congratz!!!!

PM me for an invite to a high calorie group I run.
    this is for individuals eating 1600+ daily.
  • ruthvbailey
    ruthvbailey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started upping my calories too. I guess we have been in starvation mode. I am eating about 1200 a day but once I exercise I end up eating around the 800 mark. Went through last week and when I weighed in on saturday last had not lost anything. Increased my calories and did not exercise on saturday and sunday as I usually give myself a weekend off but on sunday had dropped by 0.5 kg. At one stage I used to be able to loose 1 kg a week now it seems so much harder to loose. However I shall see what this week brings as I am now eating about 1400 a day. So you keep up the good work.
  • fetchfury
    fetchfury Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was doing ok on 1200 then I hit 140lb and plateaued for a long time. I moved up to 1390, (i was SO scared about doing this) and it worked, I'm now at about 137 (in the space of a week)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Yep, I was at 1200, lost nothing, felt like ****e.
    Went up to 1500, felt better, lost a little.
    At 1780 now and feel great, lost 3lb in the first week.

Well done on your success!
  • blackberrysmom
    Options
    OMG!! This is GREAT information. I just decreased my calories from 1200 to 1000 trying to lose more. I will up them for the next 2 weeks to see what happens. Thanks for sharing!!!!! :happy:
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I recently tried this and it worked for me too!
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    I upped mine from 1200 to 1420 and things are going great. I feel much more satisfied and I'm not afraid of going over.

Great work.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Look around the board and you will see that those long term loser do not eat 1200 or 1000 calories a day.

It is so tiring to always tell people to eat more but it is worth it :)
  • czech1003
    Options
    OMG!! This is GREAT information. I just decreased my calories from 1200 to 1000 trying to lose more. I will up them for the next 2 weeks to see what happens. Thanks for sharing!!!!! :happy:

Eating less than 1200 cals is terrible for your body....my trainer just told me on days I exercise to up my cals to 1500 cause I have not lost any weight at all for the past three weigh ins.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!