I am going over...

Options
I am new to Myfitnesspal, I can stay under my calories everyday without being hungry but I go over my CARBS and PROTIEN. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    hard to know whithout seeing what you are eating. Can you post a typical day here or even make your diary public for us to look at?
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    If you make your diary public others might be able to give you more feedback.
  • laura_lulu_143
    Options
    Not real sure how to do that yet lol.. .I will look into it after work.
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Hit the home tab, then the settings link, then diary settings. It's not hard and people don't get on there at all unless you ask them for suggestions on your diet.

No one has scolded me for eating swiss rolls and a candy bar last night :wink:
  • jmj82304
    Options
    OK- since you're giving helpful operating tips.... how and where do you get the pounds lost ticker? Thanks in advance!
  • jmj82304
    Options
    Nevermind- I figured it out :)
  • nali_12
    nali_12 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any strength training/lifting weights? If so, your body probably needs the extra carbs and protein so you don't burn your muscle. I am usually always over on my protein. The Abs Diet is a very good book (not so much a diet as just making healthy food choices etc) and it talks a lot about how protein is important. Not too much point in working out if your body is burning your muscle and not your fat. If you are making healthy choices and working out I wouldn't sweat it too much. I'm obviously not a nutritionist but that's my advice. good luck!
  • laura_lulu_143
    Options
    Thanks for all the input, I changed it so my friends could see my diary.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My opinion.

Protien is always good-I never worry about going over

Fat-if it is good fat, such as avacado, Olive Oil, nuts then I dont worry

Carbs-I am looking into this, because I am at a standstill and wonder if sugar and carbs are the issue.
    I dont worry if it is from a complex carb such as fruit or a whole grain

Pretty much make sure to stay above 1200 and work towards healthier choices in foods.

Your doing great!!:flowerforyou: