Are you a stress eater?

Options

Replies

• macmess
    macmess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, I eat when I am bored... not stressed.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Definitely an emotional eater.
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am definitly a stress eater. I've been trying to be a stress excerciser instead. So when i'm upset i go for a walk or something.
    When i'm having a really hard time sometime i do stop eating. Either way isn't good but i continue to work on that.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am SO a stress eater & I love to polish of a bag of Salt N' Vinger chips when I am stressed. My solution ~ don't keep chips in my house any more. If they aren't there I can't eat them. If I start to feel stressed or had a bad day ~ as soon as I get a few mins I will workout & put all the stress into my workout. Always feel better after and never miss the chips :smile:
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I know that some people eat like there's no tomorrow when they are stressed/depressed/upset.

Oh hell yes. That's a big part of what got me to 350 pounds in the first place.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Moderate, day-to-day stress... eater.

Totally, stressed-out, life falling apart stress... NOT an eater, end up losing a ton, but lose muscle too. Luckily, this has only happened 2x in my life, but I'm still working back up from the last time.
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm emotional eater thats why there is no nutella at home anymore.
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Definitely not a stress eater! I really struggle to eat at all when I am stressed. Around exam time (I'm a student) I am lucky if I manage to eat (and keep down) one meal a day.
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I know that some people eat like there's no tomorrow when they are stressed/depressed/upset. I on the other hand have to force myself to eat when I am stressed.

What are you?

I am the exact same way. When I am stressed or upset I have to force myself to eat. Like right now, it is finals week so I am cramming for exams, finishing up final projects and just stressed out. I am not even hungry at all. I could probably go all week without eating anything and not even notice. The one good thing I have going for me is that it is also PMS week, so I am craving chocolate and Tacos. So, when I get that craving I grab some almonds or string cheese which at least gets something in my stomach. Thank goodness for alarms in my iPhone or I would forget to eat all together.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I am a stress eater!
    Now when I feel depressed I stop eating...for example I went through a mis-carriage (or so I thought) and I didn't eat for a long time, just laid in bed and cried...well needless to say my "mis-carriage" is turning ONE on Saturday!!!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite of a stress eater, when I'm stressed I have a bad tendency to "forget" to eat and have to force myself. I try not to do this so much anymore, though as that's how I ended up losing so much weight and having issues. That was not a cool feeling being so underweight.
  • garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i am a stress eater, an upset eater, an angry eater, a lonely eater....
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I have to force myself to eat when I am stressed. I associate food with happieness, so when I am happy I over eat and when I am sad or stressed I starve. Its a vicious cycle.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    I tend to not eat much at all when I am stressed, like someone said in an above post it is like it tightens up and then I am not hungry at all!!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I eat mindlessly when I am stressed or bored.

But I must say after being on MFP I am mostly cured of this because I have to plan out my meals and I know that "if I have this now, I can't have that later." It has made me more of a planner.

Trying to find better ways of dealing with stress and boredum, like working out or video gaming.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm a stress eater. I try not to keep junk in the house now. When I do binge now it is usually on healthy stuff so it can be a lower calorie binge even if it does push me over my calorie limit. Sometimes I do bring stuff home to eat but usually I can stay away.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    When I am stressed, I dont eat. At all. When I am depressed I dont eat. When I am happy, angry, sad, whatever, I dont eat. I only pig out at sports events, parties and family gatherings. But, I make up for lost time then.
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i'm a bored and tired eater. i'm also an eater when i set rules. like the second i say "no turnips" i'm like "f u, self ima go eat me 29348723 turnips." that was just hypothetical of course. i don't think i've ever eaten a turnip.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Just the opposite, I lose weight the unhealthy way when I stress. My appetite is the first to go. I am a late night snacker though. I miss eating a bowl of the most unhealthy cereals at night. LOL
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    when i'm stressed i tend to eat more

when i'm REALLY stressed i stop eating completely.

not good either way....

YUP!!!