My Jeans NSV

Options
So I know the women out there who love their jeans will truly love this NSV. I know I'm doing a happy dance!

Last Fall (October 2011), I bought 2 pairs of jeans without trying them on. I just bought them in the size I was wearing at the time in my old jeans. When I got them home, both of them would not button. In fact, the button and button hole were on my HIP BONES, not under my belly button where they should be. Now, as you all know, when it comes to jeans, and most pants, they are all made differently depending on the brand. These pants were two different brands - one was from Lane Bryant, the DKNY line, and the other was from Torrid. I knew since I always wore these brands in the past with no problem, that it wasn't the make of the jeans that had changed...it was my waistline.

I started MFP January 15, 2012 and as of March 19, 2012 I can fit into BOTH pairs of jeans with EASE. I'm close to being down to the next pant size, probably in the next two weeks.

24 pounds gone in 2.5 months.
76 pounds to go!

Replies

• endlessvines
    Options
    Thats awesome! Way to go :) Im hoping that by the end of the summer I'll fit into my skinny jeans I wore a year ago. Lets cross our fingers :D
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    thats AWESOME!!!!!! Congrats! keep up the good work.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Jean NSV's are my favorites!!! Congrats!
  • changingdaily
    Options
    GREAT!! I love it, I cant wait to go back in to my wardrobe! I have lots of clothing that I CAN NOT FIT INTO!! I WILL get there again ;)! And promise myself to stay there or lose NO MORE GAINING!!!

I love hearing others it helps so much...KUP!!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    awesome! i love it when i can fit into pants i couldn't before :) keep up the awesome work!
  • rachelbina
    rachelbina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT!:love:
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Awesome! The back of the closet is so fun to visit, it's like a new wardrobe :)
  • musicalnutta
    Options
    Congrats! Me too!! :happy:

381399.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Jean NSV's are my favorites!!! Congrats!

Mine, too :)

I remember the joy of having a "skinny" pair of jeans not only fit, but later slide past my hips if I pulled on them while not wearing a belt.

Congrats on the NSV!
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    :drinker: YAAAAYYYY!!!!! Good for you! Happy for you, I had a similar NSV last month when the "slim fit" pants I originally could not fit in November 2011, magically fit and surprise! They were loose!!!!! Better than anything on the scale! Especially since, technically I have not lost weight, but inches! Hopefully the scale will follow! You are doing amazing, keep up the good work! And by the way, I looooove Torrid's jeans!:love:
  • livingaloha
    Options
    That is so awesome! I love clothes NSV's even better than just the scale moving down! I just had to buy new jeans too, 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing when I started MFP. Doesnt it feel great! Congrats all your hard work is paying off, keep it up :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. What a huge difference!
  • ZumbaBeast86
    Options
    [/quote]

Mine, too :)

I remember the joy of having a "skinny" pair of jeans not only fit, but later slide past my hips if I pulled on them while not wearing a belt.

Congrats on the NSV!
    [/quote]

Thanks! I have a pair of skinny jeans I loved last year but stopped wearing them. I can't wait to try them on and see what happens. Plus, I love the feeling of my pants falling off because they don't fit!
  • ZumbaBeast86
    Options
    :drinker: YAAAAYYYY!!!!! Good for you! Happy for you, I had a similar NSV last month when the "slim fit" pants I originally could not fit in November 2011, magically fit and surprise! They were loose!!!!! Better than anything on the scale! Especially since, technically I have not lost weight, but inches! Hopefully the scale will follow! You are doing amazing, keep up the good work! And by the way, I looooove Torrid's jeans!:love:

Love Torrid!! When im officially down shoved size, Im making a trip to that store. I have a motivation jar that I fill up with money for a new outfit. The way it works is: $1 for every workout (for me it's every Zumba class attended) and a handful of change for every pound lost. When I reach $150 then it's time for a new outfit!
  • purplegirl777
    Options
    Congratulations!! Now that's a success story!! You are an inspiration!!
  • Normalg
    Normalg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Keep it up girl, sounds aweseme and I have to say "I LOVE ZUMBA" We are having a hard time finding a good Zumba instrutor but I swear it really helps lose the pounds and shape the body :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!