WARRIOR DASH - MUD RUN recommendations

Options
OK - I'm dying to do one of these!!! So bad !! - kinda that - let me show you how bad *kitten* this little girl can be ! LOL. But really, who all has done one and what recommendations do you have. I live in a town outside of Amarillo, TX so really don't want to drive more than 8 miles to get to one. I looked into one in Dallas and Austin, seems fun. 18 obstacles along the 5k, a lot of mud! and then a big beer fest at the end. How can you say no to that? We should create an MFP team and all meet up!

Replies

• hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have done 2 of these and another one in June. They are FUN!!! As long as you are in decent shape and have stamina, you will do fine. The running is broken up by the obstacles, but some of the obstacles are hard!! You will be encouraged by all the other runners and the fun that everyone is having. I am addicted to them now :) Oh and the beer fest at then end is definitely a fun time! Good luck and have fun!
  • misti17
    misti17 Posts: 106
    Options
    thanks! I'm looking to possible do one in June or July.
  • Oooladyred
    Oooladyred Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A good way to prepare is to design a work out where you a circuit of say 20 ea pushups, squats, sit ups and then running a .25 -.5 mile and do it again. Its a killer work out but trust me you will be grateful.
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    Yep, these are all great!

I'm currently 'training' for the one in Montreal on June 10th, and following others' suggestions who have done it, my schedule goes a little like this:

- Strength: push-up, planks, chin-ups (at park in front our my place), dips, lunges. I also practice pulling my body weight around on the monkey bars in that same park to get comfortable pulling myself over walls, using my legs as leverage, etc. Sometimes, it's just understanding how to use your body to help you move it around!

- Cardio: I'm doing C25K because I am not a runner but want to increase my cardio. I also have two capoeira (Afro-Brazilian martial art) classes a week (1.5 hours and 2 hours) of pure work-out bliss: strength, cardio, flexibility, etc). I also use the hill at the park and run up and down and up and down!

I think it really is all about stamina, as someone mentioned earlier. Because your 5k is up hill and through/over obstacles where you need your stregth! So i'm working out 5 days a week at the moment and will keep it that way :-) No more, no less!
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    If I still lived in TX I would do the 5k Foam Fest! There is one in Austin and Dallas. Its looks awesome!
    http://www.5kfoamfest.com/locations.php