Menu Making

Options
kgillikin
kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
I want to start making a Menu and sticking to it each week or even month. I feel silly because I have no clue how to do this. Any suggestions on how to do this or recipies for my menu? I want to do this, this weekend.

Replies

• stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I find pre-planning incredibly helpful! I usually do it the night before. I figure out what I have in my fridge, then make sure my menu fits my macros. I usually leave myself around 200 calories for slip-ups, and if I have them left at the end of the night, I'll indulge in something I wouldn't have otherwise! I can give you an example of a plan I use, but if you don't like the items, then it wouldn't work for you, you know? You should make a plan with foods you actually enjoy.

Meal 1 (pre-workout usually):
    1/4 cup oat bran or steel-cut oats, 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 T almond butter (approx 250 calories)

Meal 2 (post-workout):
    Greek yogurt or protein shake

Meal 3:
    Egg whites scrambled with mushrooms, broccoli, sliced turkey, Laughing Cow cheese wedge
    Sugar snap peas with hummus

Snack:
    Mini-bag of popcorn or apple with almond butter, typically

Meal 4:
    4 oz salmon, broiled with squeeze of lemon
    Small sweet potato
    Hummus instead of butter

Before bed:
    Square of dark chocolate or frozen yogurt or Skinny Cow pop, etc
    Sometimes I have a bunch of frozen grapes!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    And I add more calories in depending on the workout - for instance, I might have a bigger piece of salmon or more eggs
  • genablue
    genablue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump.....like this topic
  • wtsteede
    wtsteede Posts: 4
    Options
    Meal 1 (Pre-Workout): Protein Shake or a banana

Meal 2 (Post-Workout): 3 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon

Meal 3: Large Salad

Meal 4: Cheese or piece of jerky

Meal 5: 6-8 oz. meat with a side of vegetables