need some help and advise please!!!!

Options
I have recently had my wisdom teeth out, and anybody who has had this done will understand how impossible it is to eat, so i have eaten very little for the last couple of days. I weigh myself today and i have lost 5lb in 2 days due to it. As i usually log my weight on MFP on a Tuesday my question is whether i should log it at that or not (gone from 172lb to 167lb), or wait until i start eating again properly because i am unsure whether i will put the weight back on once my calorie consumption goes back up to normal, has anybody got any thoughts on this would love some advice. Cheers xx

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,060 Member
    Options
    I had nooooo problem eating ......root beer floats......

As far as the weighing - it's your call. Your body. Your weight loss process.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Plenty of soft foods that are calorie and nutrient dense.

Can you say MRS?

Add:

2 scoops whey
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1tbsp olive oil
    1 cup almond milk

Youve got 30+g protein
    Healthy Fats
    Great carbs
    400 calories

Mix it up and have fun!

Soup!
    Did I mention soup?!
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    EEEWWWW!! I hope you feel better soon. I had 1 wisdom tooth surgically removed (it was sideways) about 5 weeks ago. I feel your pain. Thankfully I can eat now, but it took awhile. Whether you log the weight loss now or later is your choice, but you need to eat.
    I agree with Dan protein shakes, soups etc. Try cottage cheese with soft fruit, soft vegetables. MMMM Vegetable beef soup with lots of veggies and less meat if its rough to chew. If the veggies are soft you can just mush em with your teeth. LOL Just remember to eat or drink so your body gets the nutrients you need.

I hope you feel better soon.
  • fishes305
    fishes305 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If it is your weigh in day I would log it and just move on from there. I was able to eat pudding and mashed potatoes and some mac and cheese when I had mine done. I would worry less about what you're eating and just get some food into you.
  • Jamiewoodle
    Jamiewoodle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If it were me... I'd wait until I start eating normal again. This is only because I get discouraged easily and if I input my weight as lower and then weighed my self a week later and weighed more, I'd feel really bummed and like all my hard work isn't worth it. However if you don't get discouraged as easily, I'd say go ahead and log it :wink:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I had a nasty stomach bug earlier this year, it's what pushed me over the edge of 100lbs! I recorded that, and guess what, after I started eating again, the weight didn't come back. I just looked at it as the silver lining to the misery of that stomach bug! :)
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Record away. I had mine out Tuesday last week. Food was a real problem, but now that I'm getting back to a more normal diet I have continued to lose.

Feel better soon,

Craig
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You can record it, but don't get mad when it comes back once you start eating. And head Helloisdan's advice and start making some protein shakes.
  • RynoSada15
    RynoSada15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I say take the weight loss as a jump start and log it!! Slowly reintroduce your calories and continue with exercise (when you feel up to it) and hopefully that 5 pounds will stay off :)
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    If it is your normal weigh in day, I would log it. You may actually keep it off. You will not be able to tell until you start eating again, but to me a loss is a loss and I would log it.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I would log it. But if you are going to have issues if the scales show a gain for a short time, skip the scales altogether and give yourself a few weeks of serious hard work before you worry about them again. Otherwise, know what is possible and accept that it will be okay.
  • lornalozza83
    Options
    thanks everyone, i have tried to eat but i even struggled with soup yesterday but its gradually getting better, don't get me wrong the 5lb weightloss is great i just didn't want to get disheartened if it all came back on again, 5lb weightloss is amazing but equally a 5lb weight gain is devastating hahaha x