QUESTION!

Options
So I bought the zumba party for xbox kinect. I LOVE IT! But I don't know how many calories Im burning because after a 45 minute workout, My HRM says i burned 53 calories. I know I worked WAY harder than that! Is my HRM not picking up everything? I have the strap and the watch. Sometimes the watch stops and then re-starts.

How can i track my calories for the zumba kinect? there isn't an option on MFP either.

Replies

• Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Iare you wetting the strap enough with water? Sometimes my watch drops out if I haven't left it under the tap for long enough. You would burn mOre than 53 cals doing nothing in 45 mins. I wOuld guess between 200-300cals? Saying that I haven't done Zumba before its just a guess
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're having major issues with your HRM - what brand and model is it?

With the older Polars, battery weakness could cause problems with the transmitter cutting out or not getting a proper read. On the newer ones, as the previous poster mentioned, you need to follow directions carefully by wetting the strap, making sure it fits properly (tight enough) and rinsing and washing.
  • lsilly15
    lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Its a MIO, not sure of the brand. What do you mean by running it under water? the strap and the watch???
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    We were both speculating based on our experience with Polar HRMs. If you're not sure about wetting the strap, check the owner's manual/user's guide or check the manufacturer's website for more info. Also, make sure your personal information is set up correctly (gender, height, weight, etc).

Good luck!
  • Mellowmar98
    Mellowmar98 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Use Zumbacalories.com it gives you a more acurate number