Question regarding weight posting

Options
Okay so here is my deal and I want your opinions. My usual weigh in day is Tuesday. I had a rough weekend and didn't workout or eat as well as I like so I got on the scale on Monday. I actually had a lose and was super happy and surprised. I ended up weighing again this morning so I would be on track on my regular weigh in day. I had actually lost another 2.2lbs from yesterday. I know that I was well hydrated so I don't think the lose was from that. Do you think it could have been by body still getting rid of extra sodium from the weekend? (I seem to be super sodium sensitive.) What I really want to know is do I post Tuesday's weight or go with Monday's since there was such a huge change? I would love to think Tuesday's is correct but don't want to be disappointed next week on the scale if it was a fluke!

Thanks,

Jenn

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    By rough weekend, do you mean you splurged and ate more?

Also, stay consistent and use Tuesdays weight.
  • amoslionhorse
    Options
    Personally, I would stick with your usual day. next week you'll catch up. I would look at the more month to month difference on the scale. Those 2 lbs could be water weight or anything different (medications, inflammation, whether or not you've had a good BM yesterday) , and not a real fat loss or gain. Stick with your regular day.. and let it MOTIVATE you.. it's not going to make a difference... the weight you are this moment in time is no different based on Monday's scale or today's... you are on a roll!!

(edited because i wrote the first time, having wrongly read that today's scale was higher than Mondays... duh)
  • fishes305
    fishes305 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think you should stay with your original weigh in day. Acknowledge and move on. You're just playing games with yourself otherwise.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I would log the weight from your normal weigh in day. Stick with what you've been doing. Our bodies fluctuate weight, so just record the weight from your normal weigh in day.
  • lrgirl81
    lrgirl81 Posts: 14
    Options
    Log Tuesday's lower weight. If you don't gain, you are already ahead for next Tuesday's weigh in.
  • barbergirl28
    barbergirl28 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would stick with the same day weigh-in. Mostly because it is seems to be more accurate if you keep things consistent.

I have also found that when I have had a "bad" weekend, those are the weigh-ins that seem to be more successful. While I am not for sure about it, I say it is due to tricking my metabolism. If I am used to only eating 1200 calories and over the weekend I eat 2500... my body suddenly thinks I need to burn that 2500 calories. But when I lower it, I am getting a deficit because my body is working to burn off more from the weekend. It just goes to show - we all need cheat days every once in awhile! :)
  • kiranicsmom
    kiranicsmom Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Actually I went on a tour of four wineries with a group of friends, so calories were higher and didn't get in my usual calorie burn. I tend to have more problems with weekends so that is why Tuesday is my usual weigh in day instead of Monday. Don't get me wrong, I am happy about the weight loss. :)
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I think you should stay with your original weigh in day. Acknowledge and move on. You're just playing games with yourself otherwise.

This...don't worry about reading too much into one day's number. Just log Tuesday as usual, eat well this week, and you should see a loss or at least consistent weight next Tuesday.

Good luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

Actually I went on a tour of four wineries with a group of friends, so calories were higher and didn't get in my usual calorie burn. I tend to have more problems with weekends so that is why Tuesday is my usual weigh in day instead of Monday. Don't get me wrong, I am happy about the weight loss. :)

What I was getting at, is the increase in calories could be the reason why your lost more weight. I know it sounds counter productive, but it works a lot. This is why binge days are encourage, especially when you plateau.
  • kiranicsmom
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I went ahead and posted today's weight! Just going to keep pushing hard and working the program and hopefully the number on the scale next Tuesday will be the same or less!
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I always wait and make sure I weigh the same 2-3 days in a row before I post or I am disappointed!
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    Use Tuesdays weight. Probably excess sodium loss but you should always weigh the same day and time if possible for the most accurate numbers. They say 1st thing in the morning, but my weigh in's are always Tuesday nights at 6pm before my Personal Training session.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I started on weighing in on Friday because I ALWAYS have a terrible time over the weekends with over eating. Also, if you can, weigh in first thing in the morning and naked. That way, it's your true weight.

For now, I would use Tuesdays (sorry) just so you're consistent.
  • kiranicsmom
    Options
    I started on weighing in on Friday because I ALWAYS have a terrible time over the weekends with over eating. Also, if you can, weigh in first thing in the morning and naked. That way, it's your true weight.

For now, I would use Tuesdays (sorry) just so you're consistent.

Actually Tuesday was my lower weight so that is great!

I do always weigh in the am, after going to the bathroom and naked before getting in the shower....probably too much infomation but hey, that's how I roll. Lol!