Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Love of you life!!!

Anyone ever spent years wishing you made a different choice? I 17 years kicking myself for leaving someone and I'm still cant get over it. He is on my mind everday. HOW do I move on HELP. I know peope say just move on if I could I would have its beeen like 17 years. SO bummed!!!

Replies

• SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,860 Member
    Anyone ever spent years wishing you made a different choice? I 17 years kicking myself for leaving someone and I'm still cant get over it. He is on my mind everday. HOW do I move on HELP. I know peope say just move on if I could I would have its beeen like 17 years. SO bummed!!!

The most beautiful thing about this post is that it was edited to be this. You. Are. Awesome!
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    The most beautiful thing about this post is that it was edited to be this. You. Are. Awesome!

hahahhaah. fu@king WIN.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    I think the reason your post is not getting much of a response is that people probably dont want to come off as mean or hurt your feelings. But I will just be honest with you. If your thinking about someone you dated 17 years ago daily, you need to seek some help from a mental health professional. Good luck
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 743 Member
    GOD NO! you have to embrace every choice you have made in life and OWN IT to the fullest...I have made countless stupid mistakes, but either Im better for it in the end, or i have learned a valuable lesson!

Just getting over something is easier said than done, but it just has to be...find a new focus and take the lesson you learned and try not to repeat it!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    It's a fantasy... Chances are, if you met up with him in real life again, he'd be a jerk or bald or a living in a cardboard box or a deadbeat dad and you'd be turned off. The first two happened to an ex of mine that I thought was the one that got away. Thank goodness I got over that and met my husband, who is the true love of my life!

Agree with JenAiMarres - time to find something else to fill your thoughts and time. Take a class, learn a new skill, meet new people...

ETA: sorry to those of you guys who are bald...
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member

Why did you leave him?
  • GOD NO! you have to embrace every choice you have made in life and OWN IT to the fullest...I have made countless stupid mistakes, but either Im better for it in the end, or i have learned a valuable lesson!

Just getting over something is easier said than done, but it just has to be...find a new focus and take the lesson you learned and try not to repeat it!

I fricking love this! You just told me what I needed to hear. Rock on!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,339 Member

:laugh: :love:
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    GOD NO! you have to embrace every choice you have made in life and OWN IT to the fullest...I have made countless stupid mistakes, but either Im better for it in the end, or i have learned a valuable lesson!

This^^
  • Melissa_2305
    Melissa_2305 Posts: 76 Member
    Well I guess you should talk to somenone or something. My ex-bf broke up with me 2 months ago, and yes I think about him quite sometime, but mainly because I see posts on fb or something. Hope you'll find another one and if you don't, you can always see how he is now ;)
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    It's a fantasy... Chances are, if you met up with him in real life again, he'd be a jerk or bald or a living in a cardboard box or a deadbeat dad and you'd be turned off. The first two happened to an ex of mine that I thought was the one that got away. Thank goodness I got over that and met my husband, who is the true love of my life!

Agree with JenAiMarres - time to find something else to fill your thoughts and time. Take a class, learn a new skill, meet new people...

ETA: sorry to those of you guys who are bald...

^^This!

Most people have this idea of what it would be like but in reality; it never is.

Just like having crushes, you think how wonderfully splendid it woulf be to be intimate with that person when in reality, it's awkward or they have a small penis or....you get the gist.

ETA: Sorry to those that are awkward or have a small penis o_O
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member

Are you are inferring it is improperly Englishinated with grammer and stuff?
  • I left because we had problmes at the time and I was to young to deal with them we got merried to young!!! we spent years talking back and forth I have moved on but for some reason my heart always goes back to him. I know it sounds crazy and I know I should just get over it . But I dont seem to know how. I'm sure I will one day.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 999 Member
    No advice...been unlucky in love my entire life. Right person, wrong time....right time, wrong person :grumble: Wanna start a cat collection with me? :huh:
  • HMFooden
    HMFooden Posts: 14
    speaking from experience, I would send him a message and find out how he's doing. In the end you're going to realize why you originally left him. I've contacted a few ex boyfriends to try to start things up again because I missed them and it all just turned out to be the same BS as the first time we were together. Now I found someone new and it's been nothing short of amazing. When you find the one you were meant to be with you'll realize why it never worked out with anyone else.

good luck!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    It's a fantasy... Chances are, if you met up with him in real life again, he'd be a jerk or bald or a living in a cardboard box or a deadbeat dad and you'd be turned off.
    ^
    this! fantasies never live up to reality.... put it behind you
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    The answer is, if he's not still in your life, he was not the love of your life. People make mistakes, and a mistake won't prevent you from ending up where you're supposed to be in life. You keep looking back, which is easy to do when the clearest image of the future comes from something in your past. But the clearest image right now is not necessarily the best one. It's easy to kick ourselves for mistakes we make, but the fact is that mistakes are a part of life, everyone makes them, and everyone wonders what could have been without the mistake. But life works in a funny way, and you ultimately come around full circle and wind up where you're supposed to be.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I've ended up where I needed to be." -- Douglas Adams.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 743 Member
    speaking from experience, I would send him a message and find out how he's doing. In the end you're going to realize why you originally left him. I've contacted a few ex boyfriends to try to start things up again because I missed them and it all just turned out to be the same BS as the first time we were together. Now I found someone new and it's been nothing short of amazing. When you find the one you were meant to be with you'll realize why it never worked out with anyone else.

good luck!

personally I say...DO NOT message him...all it does it prolong feelings, what you are looking for is familiarity....^^^^ this post above even says after speaking with the ex the out come is the same...no need in trying to figure out what you ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER TO!!!......

Sorry to sound blunt...