ZUMBA

Options
I noticed when I was searching the app for 'Zumba' to add to my exercise for the day it was non-existent! Is there an easy way to track my calories burned during a Zumba session? Please help, I'm totally new to this site!

Replies

• Browny43
    Browny43 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    the best advice would be to wear a heart monitor, thats the most accuracte
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    I use Aerobics or aerobic dance
  • nettie23
    nettie23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You can go to http://www.zumbacalories.com/. Then I just created my own Exercise name zumba which I use.
  • krmcmill
    krmcmill Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. But I searched the internet looking for a generic number and I found one! What I read was if you are of average build, and really put your all into the workout, then you will generally burn anywhere between 400-600 calories. I was putting down about 536 for an intense session of Zumba and a little over 400 for a not so intense workout. I did that a couple times and then I decided to go buy a heart rate monitor that counts my calories for me. It makes things so much easier. Now I just enter the number on my HRM and I'm good to go!

Hope this helps!
  • MissGFY
    MissGFY Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you all so much, this definitely helps. Perhaps I should purchase a heart monitor. Are they inexpensive?