Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Not losing?

About 8 months ago I lost 40 lbs using this site. I stopped dieting and maintained 170 for 6 months. Then I gained 3 - 5 lbs back in January following a car accident where I was told not to exercise and I left a job where I was on my feet 8 hours a day for a desk job. I lost the weight I gained post car accident really fast in February and I lowered my calorie intake to "sedentary" and I have been working out (hiking 2 -3 miles 3 times a week) and staying right in my calorie range, or if I want to over eat on my date night I work out extra hard and burn off the extras the following day or 2. And I haven't lost a lb since. 2 weeks of killing myself at the gym and 1400 cals a day and not a single lb? Am I just rebuilding that much muscle from letting myself atrophy for over 2 months? Any ideas cuz I am feeling really bummed out. When I was dieting before I was dropping weight like crazy and I am just feeling disappointed that it's not coming off as fast this time around.

Replies

• 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Look into upping your calories..... Search it on the boards. Many others know more than I but I do believe it can work. You should also consider doing measurements because if building muscle the scale won't move but your clothes will shout it loud and clear!
  • apucci
    apucci Posts: 20 Member
    I have to agree with Jennifer. Take some measurements and watch those numbers for a bit instead of the scale. It's hard, I know. But I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

I'm thinking it's quite likely you are just building up muscle right now.

I'm no pro... but I heard just after 3 days, if you do not continue strength training, muscles begin to lose mass. Whether or not this is accurate, I'm not sure, but I'd have to imagine that about 2 months would really make an impact.

Something else you may want to watch (again, I am not a professional, so really what do I know?) is your sugar intake. I'd have to imagine with the energy drinks, sodas, chewy granolas + carbs like pastas and white breads you are eating, it is probably much harder for your body to break down and use those calories, especially with your more sedentary job switch. Perhaps find other drinks or snack choices?

And really, don't bust yourself up too hard, you are BEAUTIFUL!! And 40lbs is an awesome accomplishment!! Seriously lady, look at some of those pictures from before and realize that you are strong, motivated & healthy. That is something to seriously be proud of!