Am I the only middle-aged wonk in Zumba?

Options
jplord
jplord Posts: 510 Member
Just started MFP today and joined a gym (CHUZE) two weeks ago. Took some classes and did not make it through the full 55 minutes of yoga or Kettle ball aerobics. But I did get through the Zumba class and it was fun as well as exhausting. Here we go!

Replies

• missydeer
    Options
    I'm too shamed to go to the Zumba classes so I got the WII Zumba and I'm doing it at home! LOVE but I am so uncoordinated haha!
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    Just started MFP today and joined a gym (CHUZE) two weeks ago. Took some classes and did not make it through the full 55 minutes of yoga or Kettle ball aerobics. But I did get through the Zumba class and it was fun as well as exhausting. Here we go!
    Oh heavens no, there are plenty of ladies in their 50's and up that Zumba at my gym. Enjoy the party!:flowerforyou:
  • megancolette
    Options
    I am 21 and go to around 4 Zumba classes a week - and I can assure you all that there are plenty of older and/or uncoordinated folks in every class! No one cares what you are doing, they are there for themselves. I go because it is fun and a great workout, and I assume everyone else is there for the same reason. If you can keep up with all the moves, great; if not, just keep moving because that is what's important! There is a lady who must be around 80 years old in one of the classes I go to. She is there every week and I think it is absolutely fantastic.
  • MeRoBi
    MeRoBi Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's the beauty of Zumba (there's always someone less coordinated than you!) :smile:
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    There are 70 and 80 yo ladies that do Zumba at my gym! Our classes range from 22 to 82! Seriously! I'm 40 adn LOVE LOVE LOVE Zumba and can rock it better than many of the college girls.
  • aedfit
    aedfit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I loved Zumba so much that I became an instructor! My class has a huge range of ages and I'm so glad that it does. Zumba is for everyone and such a great workout without being boring. Stay at it!!