I know a lot of people here do Beachbody

Options
workouts. Have any of you lost a significant amount of weight ding it? Like 40-50 lbs? If you have, I'd love to know what workout you did, how many calories you ate, also, did you do anything else with the Beachbody workout, and how long it took to lose the weight, that kind of stuff. I want to start P90X and still have quite a bit to lose. I'd love to find friends who have been there done that. Before and after pics would be awesome if you have them. THANKS!

Replies

• XFireFitness
    XFireFitness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have done most of the Beachbody programs and have lost over 80 pounds doing it. I started with Slim in 6 and then Power 90. I also did P90X and Insanity. Now I am doing Les Mills Pump and Brazil Butt Lift. Whew, long story but I have done most most of them thoughout the years and they work if you work them. :) I lost my weight over 7 years ago and have been able to keep it off. :)

I hope that helps. I created a transformation video on youtube, it has my before photos.... :)http://youtu.be/kkxOCZmmjLE
  • NateDad
    NateDad Posts: 55
    Options
    I don't have a lot to lose, but I started P90X 2.5 weeks ago, and I can say that, if you do it, you will definitely lose weight. It's a hell of a workout... but a very approachable one, since they give you modifications you can do to every exercise to make it easier.

As for eating... I shoot for losing a pound a week, which means a 500 calorie deficit per day. I generally burn 650-950 calories per P90X workout (using a HRM), so I actually have to make sure I eat *enough*... eating too much is not usually a problem (but I've also switched to eating healthy, so no 300 calorie starbucks coffees).

Losing weight is all about calories in vs. calories out... and the best way to make sure you don't overeat is to eat healthy things, so you don't get hungry. My wife had dieted before, and was always hungry, because she ate bad things and ran out of calories too quickly. Now that we both eat healthily, we sometimes have to struggle to eat enough calories and definitely never ever go hungry.
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have done most of the Beachbody programs and have lost over 80 pounds doing it. I started with Slim in 6 and then Power 90. I also did P90X and Insanity. Now I am doing Les Mills Pump and Brazil Butt Lift. Whew, long story but I have done most most of them thoughout the years and they work if you work them. :) I lost my weight over 7 years ago and have been able to keep it off. :)

I hope that helps. I created a transformation video on youtube, it has my before photos.... :)http://youtu.be/kkxOCZmmjLE

How did Slim in 6 go for you? I bought it but it's to slow for me! Did you see good results from it?
  • drsteph01
    drsteph01 Posts: 82
    Options
    I lost twenty using the Ten Minute Trainer. I've also done Slim in Six and am currently using P90X to build strength and keep the weight off. Like others said, all the programs work, but everyone has their own individual likes and dislikes when it comes to exercise. All of the programs also offer a tailored eating plan to help you eat enough to lose weight in a healthy manner. The Team Beachbody site is a great tool for tracking your fitness and definitely take advantage of your Team Beachbody Coach. You are assigned a free Coach when you order or if you know one, you can sign up through them.

I only lost twenty, but I actually won one of their contests and met some people who lost more than 50 pounds using the Ten Minute Trainer program. I blog about that and some of my other progress on this site, http://drsteph01.blogspot.com.

Good luck! These programs have really helped me get on track and stay there!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Lot's of info. I got my DVDs from a friend so I don't have a coach. I am planning on starting this week, when my LO gets better. He's been sick and clinging to me 24/7. lol. I hope to see progress. I did Turbo Jam and did not see much happen while I was on it. I use a HRM so will definitely try to keep an appropriate deficit. I've lost 50 lbs already and have about 23 more to go until my first goal. I am hoping this will help put me there.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire and ChaLean Extreme workouts. I've done Insanity too and the first 3 are way better. I burn a ton of calories! For example, I did Fire 60 today and burned 1,010 calories! o yeah! I've lost nearly 50 lbs so far. Here are some pics for proof!

IN THE BEGINNING AT 190

52856_1406716167533_1221278835_918494_7683188_o.jpg

AT 160

288946_1987048475478_1221278835_1683557_703823680_o.jpg

DSCI0597.jpg

DSCI0603.jpg

2 WKS AGO AT 145

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire and ChaLean Extreme workouts. I've done Insanity too and the first 3 are way better. I burn a ton of calories! For example, I did Fire 60 today and burned 1,010 calories! o yeah! I've lost nearly 50 lbs so far. Here are some pics for proof!

IN THE BEGINNING AT 190

52856_1406716167533_1221278835_918494_7683188_o.jpg

AT 160

288946_1987048475478_1221278835_1683557_703823680_o.jpg

DSCI0597.jpg

DSCI0603.jpg

2 WKS AGO AT 145

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

You look great! Love the tats. Are you doing Turbo Fire now?
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    :) thanks! I am actually in month 2 of a turbo fire/chalean exteme hybrid program. It mixes the 2. Like on days I do HIIT training I am also doing circuits off CE.