Besides the scale....

Options
Sometimes we get discouraged because the scale isn't showing the effort we're putting in, but we all know they're other ways to measure success.

What are some ways you can think of that tells you're losing weight besides the obvious-scale and tape measurements

I'll start it off by saying:

Compliments!! When other people notice you're losing weight! :smile:

Replies

• dvankuiken
    dvankuiken Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello my new MFP friend!
    My scale and I are on a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship about 90% of the time. I love measurements - those always boost my spirits. But I suppose the best way I can tell I'm losing weight is when my pants are falling off my booty. It's so obnoxious but so exciting at the same time!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    When the first thing you grab from your closet fits !
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Cool question!

Definitely when my clothes start fitting looser and when it takes less effort to move around because I'm moving less bulk around.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Finally being able to walk...without feeling like my thighs are havin sex.......now, they barely even get a smooch in.

Xoxoxo
  • leaso75581
    leaso75581 Posts: 103
    Options
    It's one thing when people tell you you're losing weight, it's another thing when you finally SEE for yourself...yeah, that's where I'm at now.
  • leaso75581
    Options
    lol
  • leaso75581
    Options
    when people call you "Pookie" from New Jack City...lol
  • wellingfamily507
    wellingfamily507 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Realizing when you are in a dressing room trying on clothes, that you have to go down one size.....Love that feeling of Oh, these are all too big!
  • xunsungxherox
    Options
    When you find a new hole in your belt :)
  • vidoardes
    vidoardes Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    When you find a new hole in your belt :)

This. It's the bloke equivalent of dropping a dress size
  • leaso75581
    Options
    when you NEED a new belt, lol
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My jeans are falling off of me and way too lose in the legs :):) Also, my bra doesn't leave as many red marks around my body! :drinker:
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Had this one hit me yesterday at the gym:

Sitting on a bench that when I first started, I couldn't see the seat and MY seat was hanging WAY off. Yesterday I sat and preparing to lift, I noticed more than HALF the seat was visible AND there was only an inch or so hanging off the side!!!

Whoop whoop!!

Also:
    Having to purchase a belt for the first time in YEARS because my pants fell off in public (Oops!).

Having to go down a bra size.

Accidently putting on my teenage daughters shirt (It was dark and I was half awake) and not noticing it wasn't MY shirt until looking in the mirror in the bathroom a few minutes later.

Need all new drawers cause they just fall right off.

LOL. Lots of fun things that "tell" more than that stupid scale:laugh:
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Finally being able to walk...without feeling like my thighs are havin sex.......now, they barely even get a smooch in.

Xoxoxo

hahaha
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I can literally run around with my kids now. We played tag and red light/green light last night after dinner, and I felt so good. If I tried to do that a year ago, I would have passed out. that's how I know what I'm doing is working!
  • Shannonbayer
    Shannonbayer Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I got my sports bra on without breaking a sweat, pulling a muscle or yelling for my husband!
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    how about having more energy or sleeping better! needing less medication, wanting to eat healthy and not reach for the greasy foods! Being able to make it through a workout dvd that I could only make 1/2 way the first time around. Etc, etc, etc.!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Being able to jog and still breathe!
  • mrswinstead
    Options
    When I had to start wearing shorts under my yoga pants in order to keep them up while working out. And sitting in my car and noticing that both of my thighs are in the center of my seat. Lastly, smiling after passing the same window everyday and seeing my reflection and knowing I do not have to hold my stomach in anymore to make it appear as if it is flat.
  • Aimie79
    Aimie79 Posts: 11
    Options
    Noticing more room between my belly and the steering wheel in the car while driving, feeling the way a shirt falls on my body differently, becoming faster and stronger with each time I exercise, seeing my collarbones more defined, noticing my eyes seem bigger because of the loss in my face.