Hi, I'm new here!

Options
My name is Shawniqua I am 20 years old & ready to get back into shape! I have an almost 19 month old son & have been married for a little over 3 yrs. I want to get back into my "skinny" jeans. I have never been a skinny girl but a size 9-11 is skinny to me! I am looking for any support from people. My goal is to lose 40-45 lbs by March of next year (but I'd rather lose it all by my anniversary this year which is end of October!) If you have any tips/helpful advice let me know. Thanks.

Replies

• Nisieitstime22
    Nisieitstime22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im new also! Goodluck :)
  • eaws04
    eaws04 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Shawniqua :-)
    I just signed up yesterday and so far so good. I'm looking to lose about 70 lbs...but I don't have a time frame. Hopefully we can both reach our goals with the help of this app.
  • Stacie888
    Options
    hi i'm sort of new. i have been watching my food for awhile but slowly i have stopped working out and i need to change that. i need to get remotivated and i think i need a little nudge to help me. btw my only tip is if u want it keep at it. and add more fruit and veggies....less breads and such thats what i'm trying and its worked so far.
  • angelajo01
    Options
    Hi there, I'm fairly new here too, just joined a few weeks ago, the people on this site are very supporting. I feel the same way as you about the 9-10 skinny jeans, weight loss has always been a constant thing for me. Feel free to add me..
  • Cazzy42
    Cazzy42 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new too and want to lose about 70lb. Hoping support frm online community will keep me on the straight and narrow.
  • ShawniQ
    ShawniQ Posts: 4
    Options
    What are all of your workouts/dieting techniques? I am drinking AT LEAST 64 oz of water a day & cutting out any added sugar. I was going to start Zumba yesterday but decided I will start 30DS on April 1st. If I lose 1 lb every 7-9 days I will be happy! Or even if I just lose inches & not even the weight!
  • TynkEMT
    TynkEMT Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Shawni!

I just joined MFP at the beginning of this month. I have lost a total of 15 pounds since Feb 28 (10.5 have been since joining). I go to the gym at least three times a week and do Zumba twice a week.

As far as eating goes, I have cut all drinks except water and occasionally unsweet tea with no calorie sweetener. I have not "changed" my eating habits just started seriously measuring my portions and sticking to my calorie goal set up on here. On days I go to the gym I will go into my "exercise calories" but try not to eat all of them. One of the biggest changes I have made is switching to whole wheat bread and turkey sausage.

Keep up the good work!

Ericka
  • maryyb
    maryyb Posts: 3
    Options
    hi. i just signed up too and im looking to lose about 40lbs. =]
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    This is my second week on here! I have found out that the weekends are the toughest, and I'm usually going over my calorie goal :o( but making up for it during the week with my exercise, and weight program. But it's tough eating right on the weekends working my second job.
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome. my name is Katie. I am a college freshman majoring in youth ministry. I have battled an eating disorder since age 9. I am almost 37. I am majoring in college to help others like me who struggle with the same issues. I weighed my highest weight in 1996. I weighed 250 pounds. I am down to 190 pounds. I am crossing the finish line.

feel free to add me if you would like
  • Stacie888
    Options
    i just cut out extra carbs like noodles and rice. i focus mainly on protein and veggies. :) and i do an hour of yoga everyday when i do it. :( i need to get back into it more. and i also have 2 dance DVDs that i do when i dont have time to do yoga because they are only 30 minutes instead of and hour lol.
  • shortwiman
    Options
    I am also new here trying to get back my fitness after gaining weight last year, perseverance and reaching my goal is what I am aiming for right now!:smile:
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me for support! (Anyone!)
  • ShawniQ
    ShawniQ Posts: 4
    Options
    How do I add a picture to my post?
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Bump