New from VA

Options
Hi, I am Laura, a Navy wife and mom of 2. I don't know what else to say.. other than I need motivation!

Replies

• kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Start by logging your food each and every day. Add friends and we'll motivate you. You can do this!
  • gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    Options
    HELLO Im from Virginia too, we all need motivation! Add me as a friend if you like :)
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like you might be from Hampton or Newport News? Good luck to you!!!
  • BexleyGirl
    BexleyGirl Posts: 102
    Options
    Hi ...I will friend you ....I live in Va too.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm also from VA, Roanoke, VA feel free to add me! :)
  • flinnd1
    flinnd1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey, Im from virginia too. Just started last week. Could REALLY use some motivation too! Feel free to add me as a friend ladies!! ekkk..suoer excited to be a healther US!
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm in Richmond, VA. I just recommitted to MFP. The food diary is a big one for me. I do much better if I remain accountable to all of these good total strangers who are rooting for me because they've been there too... Let's all get healthy together!
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i am in Newport News VA! any of you, feel free to add me!
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Cool, glad to see all these Virginians on here. I'm from Va. Beach. Welcome to MFP!
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    Hey there. I am from VA too (Warrenton). Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. Personally, looking at the pictures in the Success Stories threads each morning helps motivate me and helps me start off the day focused. Good luck!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in the Norfolk area.
  • lookinggood53
    Options
    Hi, I live in VA also. I am a mother of 5 and am 52. My suggestion to you is to log in daily NO MATTER WHAT! Even if you have a day when you feel like you really blew it. Most of the time, the damage isn't as bad as you originally thought, plus if you log in throughout the day, you will say to yourself, "I'll burn off (whatever you wish you hadn't eaten) by exercising more today." Good luck! You can do it! I've lost 8 pounds so far!
  • pixiepirate27
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm already feeling motivated by everyone's responce! And I am adding everyone as friends who said I could.. I need all the help I can get! :flowerforyou:
  • Karstenf
    Karstenf Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm in VA too, Newport News to be exact. I love MFP! It's nice to get encouraging words from friends in this community, and there are plenty of posts with good information. Make sure you log your meals each day, get into a good fitness schedule, and, most importantly, enjoy yourself! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    Options
    I agree with those who said it helps to log in your food daily and it helps by looking at other's food diaries as well when you want some other meal/snack ideas.
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm also from Virginia (Alexandria), as well as a mom of 2. Feel free to add me.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I'm in Va as well. Good luck on your lifestyle change. :)
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm from Hampton Roads too! Feel free to add me. This is a great site and very helpful!
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    dmoses....your puppy is soooo CUTE!!!
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Cool, glad to see all these Virginians on here. I'm from Va. Beach. Welcome to MFP!

Is that from the Shamrock Run?