Constipation!

Options
What is a good and natural way to cure constipation?

I've tried oranges and they worked for a couple days..

Replies

• thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    coconut milk! Natural laxative. I put it in my morning coffee. Good Luck...
  • 21alpine
    21alpine Posts: 41
    Options
    Increase your fiber intake. This will help to even things out.
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Any fruit that starts with P. Peaches, plums, pears....I don't recommend having them all for breakfast at the same time...could be EXPLOSIVE!!! Should come with a warning label...that is what the doc said when I took my daughter in. Eat with caution....good luck! :drinker:
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    my mother swears by metamucil. Not sure if that qualifies as "natural." Dr. Oz said positive things about taking an additional magnesium supplement. Again, may not qualify. Other than that...

Make sure you are getting enough soluble fiber in your diet and plenty of water.
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Try drinking a cup of coffee in the morning
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I add Benefiber to my diet. Tasteless and easy to take
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    fiber
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this - try a glass of warm or almost hot water - in the morning first thing. Weird but usually works.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :laugh: :happy: :bigsmile:
    Try drinking a cup of coffee in the morning

Oh boy I found that out works like a charm:laugh:
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    ditto on the coffee make sure it's strong and add some metamucil of benefiber to it! You will be sure to have a movement.:bigsmile:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Hot water with lemon in the morning. Eat lots of fiber and drink lots of water
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    Tons of water throughout the day and make sure to get natural sources of fiber! My grandma told me that plums help move things along.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this - try a glass of warm or almost hot water - in the morning first thing. Weird but usually works.

this or any warm water type drink, like tea or coffee, plus Fiber, exercise, and more water throughout the day!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    MIralax-put it in your drinks, it's tasteless.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hot water with lemon in the morning. Eat lots of fiber and drink lots of water

This is good advice. Sound like you are not drinking enough water and your bowels are imbalanced with less fluid in there.
  • judybinfo
    Options
    I consulted a nutritionist when stress was making my IBS really bad. She suggested all of the above, and if that doesn't work, you may need more magnesium. Use a regular Slow-Mag (not regular magnesium) tablet each am. I have been real regular since. I also use Citrucel (different type of fiber than Metamucil, and comes in DIET!) and occasionally a stool softener. Both the SlowMag and Citrucel are available at Costco.
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I also take Citrocel multiple times a day. Coffee works very well (because it dehydrates you, and is taking that water to use where you need it... ahem) but I wouldn't use that as regular method to be "regular" because the problem would still be there. And constipation is foiler for a healthy metabolism. Like what everyone else says: fiber, fiber, fiber, and lots of water.
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    One word of caution on the fiber though... too much of it without enough water, or natural stool softener can provide too much bulk. Not be be overly gross or anything but, imaging trying to push a golf ball through a garden hose.
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    One word of caution on the fiber though... too much of it without enough water, or natural stool softener can provide too much bulk. Not be be overly gross or anything but, imaging trying to push a golf ball through a garden hose.

hehehe:bigsmile: I agree, need lots of water.:drinker: Personally, my problem is drinking too much water (and not being diligent in recording it). But it's only happened once that I nearly fainted from drinking too much water.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Your diet is not regular, how can your body be? Unless you're not recording everything, you are not eating a healthy diet. Sure, sometimes you went over a bit, but mostly, you went way under. Not much fresh vegetables in there, no salads. Put some FRESH in your diet, green beans, cabbage, peas.

There are 5 different kinds of laxatives (learned this the hard way recently). So depending on what your specific problem is, if you take something and it doesnt' work in a day or two, try a different kind of thing, like Correctol is different from Milk of Magnesia which is different from Miralax... And once you've had problems, it may take awhile for your body to adjust back, so just keep up on the water, fresh veggies, and salads in the meantime.

Good luck!