NROL4W and then...

Options
I'm at the end of Stage 3 for NROLFW and am beginning to research which plan to go to next. I'm still a newbie to the weights and so I need something easy. :D

Can anyone recommend where to next? I've heard good things about NROLF-Abs... and I've heard Stronglifts 5x5 is good but I tried to find out about it on the website and it was like ... I don't know, a bit too wordy - hah.. too confusing and hard to get to the bottom of it. :)

Thanks! :D

Replies

• chicco57
    chicco57 Posts: 298
    Options
    bump
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Bump for "recent posts" :D
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm doing NROL4W right now too, but I've also been looking at Stronglifts. The website is pretty obnoxious, lol. The plan is pretty simple, with 2 alternating workouts done 3x week. It's set up as a 12 week program and you add weight each workout. If you get far enough to download the report, the spreadsheet shows you how much to add each time. The exercises are set up like this:

Workout A
    Squat 5x5
    Bench Press 5x5
    Barbell Rows 5x5

Workout B
    Squat 5x5
    Overhead Press 5x5
    Deadlift 1x5
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    NROL for Abs is a great one. It can be difficult in parts, but I will tell you, my core has never felt so strong. :smile: I think I will probably do Stronglifts 5x5 next for a few months or NROL (plain one) or NROL for Life (preordered, comes out in April). Then in August I am getting another program for lifting heavy and focusing on the glutes (preorder right now). Basically I think it's good to change it up every so often to keep getting stronger and for your mental health. :-)

But either way, these programs are all compound movements. I don't really like isolation movements, so I stay away from those. :tongue:
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hmm, thanks so far.. maybe I should do stronglifts and THEN another bigger program (like another NROL) and then back to strong lifts... stronglifts seems.. I dunno, fun in a strange way! haha
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Starting Strength.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I definitely agree about strong lifts.

I also recently purchased a book on Olympic Lifting that I'm going to look into more for lifting programs. So that should be interesting too. :tongue: