NSV - I went 5km without realising

Options
iceqieen
iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
I had a small shock when I went to google maps to calculate how far I went today. Went out for a jog.. ok, alternating between jog and walk about 3:1 length. It seemed proper to go 3 full circles around the part where I was jogging and when I returned 40 minutes had passed. I felt great and felt like I could do more, but since I also wanted to lift í decided to go do that instead.

The shock was that it was 5.3km. I've been working on c25k inside on the treadmill and after 15 minutes I can't wait for it to be over and even though I go a little bit further each day the 5km goal seemed soooooo far away. Not anymore. And its spring now.. soon summer.. so I can go out jogging more often.. too bad I live in the Rainy City.. but hopefully more days like today and I will be going the whole 5km jogging!

*soooo happy*

Replies

• AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    This is brilliant. I love it when exercise starts to be enjoyable instead if wondering when I get to stop. Well done you, you are getting there
  • olo567
    olo567 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Running outside is so much more enjoyable, I have to stop myself sometimes when I know I should or else I'll have sore muscles and joints later!
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    That's one of the best feeling ever! I'm happy for you. :) Running outside is much more enjoyable, especially when you get to do trail running. Keep it up! :drinker: (and rain rain, go away).
  • tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, good job! I'm doing C25K myself, I'm getting closer to 5k every time I get out there.
  • GretelPetal91
    Options
    Running in the rain can be amazing :)
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    thanks all

I wish i could just tell the rain to go away hehe. started raining this morning halfway on my way to work. Not the nice kind of rain, more like the hammering huge drops that get you soaked in minutes. Ride back will be fun... :grumble:
  • GretelPetal91
    Options
    We hardly ever get that kind of rain where I live. The other week it did though so my sister and I happily got drenched as we walked to the gym haha
    I wish I could say I accidentally ran and walked over 5k though. Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!