Jenny Craig

Options
Has anyone here used Jenny craig? Did you lose weight? Was the customer service okay? Did they deliver the food on time? Was the food any good? How expensive was it? Do you have to sign a contract for a year?

Replies

• fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I did JC about 18 years ago......it's ok.........I don't think it's worth the $$$ though...and
    I'm sure their prices have gone up since then. The food is kind of bland...you have
    to add your own veggies and fruit. If you're going to do a program where you want
    the weekly support and learn to understand cals, carbs, proteins and fats, try WW.
    much cheaper
    :flowerforyou:
  • kbirky73
    kbirky73 Posts: 110
    Options
    I tried it once .. i did NOT like the food at all.

WW has much better food, though I use neither now, as MFP has all the advise, support, and food suggestions i can handle.
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I tried it as well. I don't think that it is worth the money. I lost maybe 10 lbs in 6 months were as here I have lost 32lbs since Jan 23. Use MFP and save your money for a cruise celebrate your weight lose.
    The food was unappealing and hign in sodium.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who lost 50# on JC in less than a year. She's tried every diet ever invented & she was finally successful on JC.
    The food was expensive & she still had to buy fruit, veggies, dairy. They have VERY small portions of main dishes & desserts (much like Lean Cuisine) but she said they were all pretty good. She picked up the food when she went to weigh in. Much cheaper than delivery.
    She had to drive 45 minutes every week to the next town for the weigh ins. She liked the support. They weren't pushy & if she couldn't make it, they were okay with that. She usually loses interest in just a few months, & she hates people telling her what to do - she hates exercise...
    I know - lots of excuses - but that's how she got this way.
    She could still stand to lose another 50, but she's feeling so successful & hasn't regained even though she hasn't been back for 3 months.
    Just a side note - if you have a family, they still have to eat. :huh:
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi! I just joined JC and so far lost 6 pounds but now for past 2 weeks at a stand still and they believe it is because I totally boosted up my excercise regimen ALOT!!!! I even started running (well training is more like it). :wink: I LOVE IT!!!! I go in and get weighed every week and get my food...last week it was 98 dollars. My hubby works from 8-5 and leave at 6 and comes home at 630 due to the commute so my boys just want certain things or they will not eat. So that has made my grocery bills about the same manybe 100 over. However, school will be starting soon and that will be interesting because I think I may start leaving my pantry go down a bit....we have exxcess. I don't make meat alot cuz my boys only like steak and chicken when it is slathered in something so we do burgers and stuff but kids are kids. I am hoping from this diet I lose 43 pounds and hoping it will teach me the proper way to eat so even if my hubby is gone we can eat a steak together.....I think that's when my gorcery bill will get higher (when I am cooking from scratch). But anyway, I love it and hope that it can help me.
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    My sister did that a few years back and she gained the weight back and more.
    Food is high fat, high sodium
    If you eat prepackage food, you don't know to maintenant your weight.
    It does not how long it takes to lose weight but the journee to get there is important because I will learn how to lose weight, how to take care of my body so I can maintenant my weight once I get there.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I started Jenny Craig 2 weeks ago. I am going to give it 8 weeks and see what happens.. The food is good, the people are nice and it's just a good program for me at this time in my life..

Is there anyone else out there that is on the program NOW?
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I started JC Jan 2 09 to lose 20 pounds. I reached my goal in April and have maintained it with no problem so far (Oct. 09). The JC center is very close to my house so it is convenient for me. I love the prepackage food idea. I don't have kids or hubby to worry about feeding. I ate a lot of Lean Cuisine, WW, etc before and even now. JC is more expensive than buying similar products in the grocery store but the sodium is lower than most comprable prepackaged foods. I think most of the tasts as good or better than other prepackaged food. You start to wean off of their food at your half way point. I still buy some of the desserts because they are really yummy and portion controlled. For me, it was a good way to take off a few pounds and get my portion control back which my biggest problem. Now that I am on maintenance, I weigh in once a month which is great for accountability. Also, if I keep in my goal weight range for 1 year, I get half my program fee back - GREAT INCENTIVE for me.

You need to find what works for you and your lifestyle. For me JC was/is great.
  • jwhitney
    Options
    I joined Jenny Craig and after 3 days of trying their absolutely awful food, I canceled the contract which does indeed run for a year. The food is not good and not very nutritious. In fact, I found a lot of pasta and bread (panini -gastly) on this plan and just very small portions. I would not recommend this plan AT ALL. On the other hand, I found Dr. Joel Furhman's book "Eat To Live" and lost 10 pounds the first month. I have not done the totally veggie thing and found I did not miss the "no-no" foods. Also, Jenny Craig is VERY expensive and you still have to buy lots of outside foods like milk, veggies, salads, etc. which are the things you should be eating lots of anyway.