How to calculate rest not in database?

Options
*****How to calculate RESTARAUNT FOOD not in database?

So my friends and I are going out tonight, and they decided on Big Boy (not my favorite restaraunt, but it's ok).

I can't find a nutrition list for Big Boy at all on their website or anywhere else (or their brother company Bob's Big Boy), there are a couple of items on here but not much to choose from.

What should I do? I still have a couple hours before we go out, and I'd like to plan my meal in advance.

Replies

• houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    do they have a website that has there own information you could work from?
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Find their nutritional information on their website and put it in yourself. If all else fails, order water.
  • MehiraDeOro
    MehiraDeOro Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    do they have a website that has there own information you could work from?

They don't have anything either.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I found it hard to believe that Big Boy's website doesn't have nutrition information, so I checked it out. If they do have nutrition info on their website, they have hidden it incredibly well. I guess they are not interested in getting business from people like me.

I did find this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/big-boy

Normal caveats for user-entered MFP info apply!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    According to this site ( http://www.linkstofastfoodfacts.com/ ):

"Benihana and Big Boy do not publish their nutrition information."

I think they will have to publish the info once the restaurant nutrition labeling provisions of healthcare reform go into effect. I would have thought they would be covered by the California restaurant labeling law, but they only have 13 restaurants in California. The law doesn't require labeling for chains with less than 20 outlets.
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    Just try to find something similar in the database.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Some of the things are under Frisch's! :)

Other than that I guess.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I usually compare to a restaurant I find similar.
    Like portion size or toppings or grease(if any).
    Some places I will compare to home cooked food. Such as Steak and Stein where we go to brunch with the family, I usually put in as food I could make at home.
  • Tinkerbell1369
    Tinkerbell1369 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What I have done in the past is entered a item like speggtii or a burger ect and then used those numbers to calculate the meal :smile: