Food Ideas for the movies???

Options
ranae32
ranae32 Posts: 59 Member
Going to see Hunger Games but dont want to ruin my diet (LIFE CHANGE) Any suggestions on what i can bring for a snack that isnt super crunchy or loud?

Replies

• sportyskylar
    Options
    UGH the movies is a killer... nothing beats popcorn...
  • atessieri
    atessieri Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds kinda silly but I take some "puffs" there a toddler food kinda like a puffy cheeto but low cal and everything they aren't too crunchy and come in differnt flavors my favorites are veggie dip flavor and banana (not together) lol good luck :)
  • bdhoward87
    bdhoward87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You are treating yourself to a movie so why not treat yourself to a small /kids popcorn with a bottle of water.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    All I can say is get a diet drink and just sip on it maybe it will help the cravings for popcorn and candy :) Good luck!!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Grapes; cucumbers; trail mix; craisins; water to drink.
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am taking my daughter tonight to see the same movie. This is going to be hard! Maybe stop before and sneak in some 100 calorie packs or a bag of pretzel M&Ms (150 calories)? I think I am just going to eat before I leave and not get anything. It will also save me 25 bucks! Good luck!
  • cpotter4
    cpotter4 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    get a small popcorn with no butter. still good without the butter. :) have fun. can't wait to see that movie myself!
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Amazing movie! Seen it on the midnight release! I still think the books are better though :-)
    I don't eat anything ate the theater when I go because of the outrageous prices for everything. I know I once sneaked in a subway sub and that was the best! But you can try bring like grapes, pretzels, baby carrots, dry cereal, granola bars, even ask and see if they have a lower buttered and salted popcorn and just get a small bag! Hope you enjoy the movie!
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You could try a bagel, a protein bar, or even a bag of popcorn (pop it at home and hide it in your purse lol)

I usually don't eat in the movie theater, I usually will get food with whoever I'm with, before or after.

Good luck!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Honestly, For the amount of times that I go to the movies, I feel that getting myself some popcorn isn't too bad. Theatre popcorn is one of those things that tastes almost as good as skinny feels. :laugh:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Options
    I'm going tomorrow. My friend got me a coupon for a ticket plus a small popcorn for 6 bucks but I don't really want popcorn lol... I'll probably just get it and eat a few bites... I don't know...
  • Savvydawn
    Options
    grapes, baby carrots and water
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Consider that you don't want to miss a moment. of the movie ... avoid distractions like food altogether? (The title of this one isn't going to help you think of other things though!)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Options
    You could pop your own popcorn at home and bring some in a little bag. A snack that I really like is putting chocolate in my popcorn lol.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness, I adored the books and I'm surprised that the movies actually live up to the series! Not as brilliant of course, but better than I expected! Just remember, you're going to see Hunger Games, not to snack ;))) But if you must, eat before you go or have dinner right after! A lot of people mentioned popcorn without butter, why not? You can also get those little 100-calorie packets, I'm sure they're yummy. But I woud pack some fruit in my bag. I'm sure apple slices would be a much better choice than any snack in the food bar! Best of luck and enjoy the movie :D
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I actually grab a large coffee from Tim's.

either a large black decaf coffee with splenda or a large tea with splenda...
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    The book "Eat This, Not That" actually tells you which selections are better than the others. It will surprise you!
    If your theater serves hot dogs or other "real foods" aka not candy, then I would make that your dinner at the movies. Hot dog, water and maybe a small candy for dessert?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    This is what I brought to the movies last night... before I list the items please note that I'm sure I'm eating significantly more calories than you. I also do most of my eating at night so I had a lot of calories to eat. That being said, this is what I brought (to the same movie even!):

28 g almonds (170 cal)
    3 chewy granola bars (100 cal each)
    2 Fiber one peanut butter chocolate brownies (90 cal each)
    4 sugar free Jolly Ranchers ( 30 cal for 4)
    2 bottles of water
    2 pieces of gum (5 cal for 2)

- M
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the movie AND the popcorn with a diet soda last Sunday. There was a time when I would get the Extra Large Popcorn with butter and jalapenos with the large drink and get free refills on both (just for myself). Sunday during the 20 minutes of previews and 2 hour and 22 minutes of movie I only ate about 1/3 of the popcorn no butter with jalapenos and that was enough. I didn't even finish my soda either.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    if I go to the movies, I get popcorn. get it sans butter. get a small, if you want. also a large diet coke. and enjoy.