Garmin 305/310XT vs. Polar RS300/800 Multi-Sport

MacMadame
MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm buying myself a new HRM for my birthday. I have narrowed it down to either the Garmin Multi-Sport (either a 305 or a 310) or the Polar Multi-sport (either the RS300 or RS800).

Money is only an issue in the sense that I want to get good value for my money. I was given enough money to buy any of these HRMs.

So I'm interested in whether people have these HRM (and their many add-ons) and what their experience has been with them.

Replies

• just under this topic in the community section. I know someone just asked about this. May help you
  • crimefighter2
    crimefighter2 Posts: 189 Member
    I have the garmin 305 forerunner. no add ons.
    love it. good battery life, good signal, & I live in the boonies.
    only complaint is that for things like a stationary workout - p90, elliptical, etc., it will not accurately count your calories burned.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I have the Polar FT60 which is a couple levels below but has some of the same features. I like how comforable the chest strap is, you wash it in the washing machine. I live in the desert so I don't have to compete with trees, but I have good connection with the GPS. I find the chest strap looses signal with doing yoga, it gets bunched up in certain moves but for bike rides, walking, roller blading, stationary bike, weight lifting, and running it is awesome.

Also with the Polar, I like the fact you can wear it as a normal watch, you can change out all your own batteries, you don't have to charge it everyday.
  • I have the Garmin 305 forerunner and I absolutely love it. I got it for Christmas last year. I have only had a couple of issues with signal strength but for the most part it is very accurate and very easy to use. I have used it primarily for hiking and walking/jogging. I really like the softwear, and I love the training features on it.
This discussion has been closed.