What's your major?

Options

Replies

• NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    I received my degree in Criminal Justice last year (:
    It's definitely something that intrigues me and I have a passion for.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Social Science Education with a Political Science minor.
  • dj_phx
    dj_phx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Computer Systems Engineering
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Public Relations or Marketing or communications can all get you roughly the same job with the potential for big bucks. Aiming for corporate or military sector then non profit work.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Biomedical engineering
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I had two: Biotechnology and Engineering Science. Minor in Computer Science.

Going for my PhD in Bioinformatics this fall!

Girl, you are a badass gorgeous nerd! LOL Not to offend by calling you a nerd, take it as a compliment, like the hot chhick in the lab coat with glasses!

I'm not lesbian but if I were, mmmmmm...
    hahahaha ..nice!
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Mortuary science. I promise I'm not creepy!
    i literally LOL!!
  • lolitsangela
    Options
    I'm a double major in English and Biology. :D
  • Devin182
    Devin182 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i majored in social work. got my masters in social work too..

id like to go back to school to be a nurse but im not sure what program to do. I live in nj.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered, what is a 'minor' subject, do they have them at all standard universities?
    At the university I attended a minor required 32 hours for a minor and 50 for a major, but it might be different at different colleges
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Astrophysics.

I was a big science geek.

Don't do it, it's to freaking hard.

I went this route and swapped in the middle of my junior year. I traded it for sleep.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Human Resource Management with a Psychology Minor

I want to get my Master's in Industrial Organizational Psychology..and maybe one day, if I'm crazy enough: a doctorate
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Bachelor of Science - Geology
    Currently working on a Master's of Science in Geotechnical Engineering.
  • cmason516
    cmason516 Posts: 62
    Options
    K-8 Interdisciplinary Studies (Elementary Teaching). Getting my degree online. :)
  • samhelen
    samhelen Posts: 98
    Options
    Bachelors in Geography - Cartography & Geographic Information Systems
    Masters in Geography with a focus in Regional Planning & Public Administration
    I work as a Community Planner for a dual jurisdiction planning agency.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered, what is a 'minor' subject, do they have them at all standard universities?

It's basically a second degree that you get with your major (or, for mine, it was more of a concentration) You have to take extra classes for it, but not as many classes as are required for a major. There are minors at many universities, but not in all of the same subjects as the majors. For instance, the number of ASL classes that I'm taking as a requirement for my major could possibly constitute a minor, however, the university does not offer a minor in ASL.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    My degrees are in Philosophy & Psychology. I'm currently a freelance writer working from home.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    AA in Vocal Music

Currently working on BS in BS - I mean - MIS - wellllllll, same thing really. :laugh: Set to graduate in December if I can CLEP a couple of classes.

I am a technical writer.
  • karenmiller81
    karenmiller81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I majored in Spanish in my undergrad and did my Master's in secondary education. I was a high school Spanish teacher until I had my kids and look forward to going back to teaching when they're a bit older. Good luck in your decision!
  • backwardslant
    backwardslant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I majored in Philosophy with minors in History and Mathematics. It's amazing that I am employed at all.