Body by Vi - anyone tried this or now about it?

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    My corporate office just had a "body by Vi" demonstration at lunch, today - hyped up as a "corporate fitness challenge".

It was MLM, pure and simple...and, they got 6 of my co-workers to SIGN UP. So, I still go to the gym, alone, at lunch, and now Body by Vi has proved how STUPID (some of) the people I work with are. Victims?? Maybe....but, they also have WAY better resources to draw from to recognize their health didn't deteriorate overnight - and there won't be an overnight "fix", either.
  • Stephanieqt
    Options
    They are so yummy!!! I've have then everyday... You'll never get bored with them. So many different was to have them. Give it a try and I promise you love them
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    People should research things before they attack. Unfortunately it's scaring people with an honest question away from something incredibly healthy. :( Your idea of one a day is PERFECT for getting the extra nutrition. You don't have to stop eating and drink shakes all day. Come on people. This product is FDA and (THE ONLY ONE) Health Canada Approved, as well as recommended by doctors to diabetics. Obviously there is more to it than most think. Although I know how easy it is to assume all weight loss products are useless and a scam, as there are SOOO many out there. I still eat 3 healthy small meals a day on top of my two shakes, am incredibly disciplined with my food and exercise and have had amazing success. The shakes make me FEEL amazing because of the nutrition that is in them (UNLIKE a protein powder, which is only PROTEIN, I get my protein from lean meats daily).

Please don't let people scare you by saying it's a scam, I am here telling you as a user and NOT a seller that it's an incredible product that has changed my life in only 3 weeks. It has changed my whole family's life. Look up the nutritional specs and compare it to anything. Watch the video on what's in there, and you will see :) There is no substitute for good food, but there is a healthy option of help for those who need it :) And no one who has researched it would tell you that you can get the same nutrition in a vitamin or protein powder. Because you just can't. The nutrition is WHY it works, it gives your body everything it needs even on those days you just can't be that strict and perfect, and even on the days that you ARE, you would need to consumer over 10 thousand calories of GOOD food to get this level of nutrition. This is why your body reacts so well to it. Nutrition. Not calorie reduction.

I don't see anyone attacking. Just giving opinions. Im glad it works for you, really that's great for you and im glad you feel wonderful.

10,00 calories to get that level of nutrition? You body needs only a set amount of vitamins. You don't need 12472384216% of your daily vitamins to feel good. A decent diet of 2,000 calories can give you the same amount of health benefits. A lot of extra is just excreted.

Yes I have researched it by the way. I am studying supplements constantly. You can get a multivitamin and protein powder and be just as good off. A lot of powders have vitamins too by the way, not all but I have seen some such as Isopure. Even if it doesn't have as much nutrition as on Vi shake, it is enough nutrition for health. Which is what matters.

Looking at the nutrition label it has 30% of your daily vitamins in one serving. What is so fantastic about this? You can do it with food or a multivitamin easily.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I don't see anyone attacking. Just giving opinions. Im glad it works for you, really that's great for you and im glad you feel wonderful.

10,00 calories to get that level of nutrition? You body needs only a set amount of vitamins. You don't need 12472384216% of your daily vitamins to feel good. A decent diet of 2,000 calories can give you the same amount of health benefits. A lot of extra is just excreted.

Yes I have researched it by the way. I am studying supplements constantly. You can get a multivitamin and protein powder and be just as good off. A lot of powders have vitamins too by the way, not all but I have seen some such as Isopure. Even if it doesn't have as much nutrition as on Vi shake, it is enough nutrition for health. Which is what matters.

Looking at the nutrition label it has 30% of your daily vitamins in one serving. What is so fantastic about this? You can do it with food or a multivitamin easily.

Not to mention that your body can't process all of it's daily vitamin requirements in one shot anyway, maybe not even in two shots! Your body can only process so much at a time... which is why one a day multi-vitamins aren't terribly effective.

Nutrition is best when coming from natural sources: IE, food you actually eat. Rather then vitamins that have been condensed into powders and pills.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

Not to mention that your body can't process all of it's daily vitamin requirements in one shot anyway, maybe not even in two shots! Your body can only process so much at a time... which is why one a day multi-vitamins aren't terribly effective.

Nutrition is best when coming from natural sources: IE, food you actually eat. Rather then vitamins that have been condensed into powders and pills.

Yup thank you for adding that! Nothing beats whole food.
    I am a nutrition major so studying this stuff constantly. Never have had a professor go on about how amazing Body By Vi shakes are.
  • sroatan
    sroatan Posts: 5
    Options
    I've tried Body by Vi and I personally like the shakes. I've also made muffins and pancakes with them as well. There are 23 vitamins and minerals in them. They are gluten-free and diabetic friendly as well. :smile:
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've been on the Body by Vi shakes for about a month. I don't usually eat too much at breakfast so they are perfect for me! At lunch I pair the shake with a salad or veggies and it keeps me the afternoon. If I'm out and have lunch that's fine too. I don't starve myself, I love the taste and the flexibility the product provides. I like that I am tasting in tons of protein and the taste is AWSOME! I have lost 13 lbs since I started. Not too fast and not without lots of excersize. So I use the shakes as a tool like MFP. I love MFP too but that's another post!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    People should research things before they attack. Unfortunately it's scaring people with an honest question away from something incredibly healthy. :( Your idea of one a day is PERFECT for getting the extra nutrition. You don't have to stop eating and drink shakes all day. Come on people. This product is FDA and (THE ONLY ONE) Health Canada Approved, as well as recommended by doctors to diabetics. Obviously there is more to it than most think. Although I know how easy it is to assume all weight loss products are useless and a scam, as there are SOOO many out there. I still eat 3 healthy small meals a day on top of my two shakes, am incredibly disciplined with my food and exercise and have had amazing success. The shakes make me FEEL amazing because of the nutrition that is in them (UNLIKE a protein powder, which is only PROTEIN, I get my protein from lean meats daily).

Please don't let people scare you by saying it's a scam, I am here telling you as a user and NOT a seller that it's an incredible product that has changed my life in only 3 weeks. It has changed my whole family's life. Look up the nutritional specs and compare it to anything. Watch the video on what's in there, and you will see :) There is no substitute for good food, but there is a healthy option of help for those who need it :) And no one who has researched it would tell you that you can get the same nutrition in a vitamin or protein powder. Because you just can't. The nutrition is WHY it works, it gives your body everything it needs even on those days you just can't be that strict and perfect, and even on the days that you ARE, you would need to consumer over 10 thousand calories of GOOD food to get this level of nutrition. This is why your body reacts so well to it. Nutrition. Not calorie reduction.

Maybe you should research things yourself - protein powder is NOT just protein with no nutrients. Also, the body only needs a certain amount of nutrients - if you go over a certain dose, in some cases it is actually dangerous, and in other cases your body just does not absorb it. People can get the appropriate nutrients at a fraction ot the 10,000 calories you quote (otherwise everyone woul be suffereing from malnutrician). Sorry - does not compute.

Are you saying that calorie has nothing to do with the weight loss when you say that your body reacts to it so well because of the nutrician and not the calorie reduction. Looking at your diary you are at about 1,000 calories a day - this has nothing to do with your weight loss?
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I have been using Body By Vi since January 6,2012 and I must say I love it...And for people that really don't know what Body By Vi has in it..Let me just say less calories,carb's,sugars,fats..than anything you can buy from walmart! Plus when you break down the cost it is not bad at all.....I don't make a butt load of money so I understand when people get scared about the cost(plus you get tree people to sign up under you, you get it for free)...And no I am not pushing it....Make your own health choices!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have seen people get results with Body by Vi (so I won't bad mouth it), but I unfortunately did not. I did find it was pretty low on protein compared to other protein shakes though. It is 12g of protein for 2 scoops (the recommended serving).
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    There is really no mystery to dropping pounds....eat every three hours, 7 clean meals a day including a good source of protein at every meal (4 - 5 oz portions). Restrict your carb intake in the evenings and if possible, cycle them (i.e. increase complex carb intake on workout days, decrease intake on non-workout days). Drink 1 gallon of water a day. Lift weights 3 - 5 days a week, do a bit of cardio every day....voila!!

Couldn't have said it any better!! :happy:
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Heard it was a glorified pyramid scheme, sorry multi-leveled marketing scheme.

Yes, it sure is! I went to a Body by Vi "party" and instead of being sold on a solid nutrition and weight loss plan, they popped in a video on the TV which was all about how you can get the shakes for free! (by signing up other people) and earn a BMW! We had some mini samples to taste it and got handouts of what is in the shakes but over 90% of the whole thing was about how the pyramid works. Glad I never signed up.
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it personally..... I too question the nutrients, etc. Plus I want something that I can stick with from now. Which for me is just a healthier lifestyle. However, I have a good friend who uses and has had awesome results.

This is an interesting article though...
    http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I have used shakes and other stuff like meal replacement bars, etc in the past. The problem with doing that is; when you reach your goal, you usually go right back to your old eating habits after reaching your goal weight. If you track calories for all your foods and learn what is healthy and what's not while losing the weight; when you reach your weight loss goal you know how to cook and how to maintain your new weight. In other words, I think shakes and other weight loss aids are an invitation to a yo-yo-diet life style.

Oh yeah, pyramid schemes are illegal.
  • gsarro
    gsarro Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would like to know what you eat for $50 a month. I spend $50 a week.
  • tompaolucci
    tompaolucci Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My wife and I tried it at the beginning of the year. The first 2 weeks we saw very positive results, we each lost about 8 pounds...but after that, the scale didn't budge....I was stuck on 8 lbs. for over a month...it was frustrating to only eat once a day and not get anything out of it for that long.

I am using myfitnesspal now and counting calories. I believe this will be much better for me in the long run.
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Maybe you should research things yourself - protein powder is NOT just protein with no nutrients. Also, the body only needs a certain amount of nutrients - if you go over a certain dose, in some cases it is actually dangerous, and in other cases your body just does not absorb it. People can get the appropriate nutrients at a fraction ot the 10,000 calories you quote (otherwise everyone woul be suffereing from malnutrician). Sorry - does not compute.

Are you saying that calorie has nothing to do with the weight loss when you say that your body reacts to it so well because of the nutrician and not the calorie reduction. Looking at your diary you are at about 1,000 calories a day - this has nothing to do with your weight loss?

^^^This!

After comparing my protein shake (not a meal replacement), it has DOUBLE the protein in one scoop at the BBV. Just sayin'.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I would like to know what you eat for $50 a month. I spend $50 a week.

I must admit, I eat VERY well while dieting. If I want it and it's fresh and healthy, I buy it. I spend WAY over $100 per week, at time, and consider myself very lucky, having that choice.
  • lisaunderhill
    lisaunderhill Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have used the body by Vi products for a month and half now. I have a shake every morning for breakfast and I really notice when I don't have my shake as I'm wanting all kinds of carbs and sugars. I put in a scoop of amazing grass superfood along with it. I drink mine with water. I've lost 5 inches since I've been taking it, but I also do P90 with it and eat 1200 calories or less a day. I like it; however, it is quite pricey and feel that a whey protein would work just as good. That is what I will move to when I run out of the product I have now.

Best of luck to you!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Have one every morning w/ yogurt mixed in, love them!