116 calorie triple choc chunk muffin!! what?!

Options

Replies

• SanMcK70
    SanMcK70 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    OMG - thanks so much for posting this!! I LOVE Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chocolate chip muffins but they are 450 calories for one. My indulgence, when I have to have one, is to cut it in half to share with my 6 year old - but that's still 225 calories and I'm left wanting more! I cannot wait to make these...I'm going to the grocery store today! *hugs*
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have all of these ingredients, I'll try this!!!
  • mollyg1280
    Options
    Sounds sooo good!
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I tried these, and they were okay, but not great. They didn't keep well. And I'd say reverse the chocolate chip trick--add them after just a couple minutes. I also think I'd add the oats first, hot water second, and then everything else...

I entered the recipe into the database, and it came out to a lot fewer calories--partly because it made 18 full cupcake size muffins (as opposed to the 12 listed). I also entered it as 1/2 organic sugar and 1/2 stevia.
  • AngelaWeber
    AngelaWeber Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    yummy - bump!
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    made these this weekend and they were fabulous!!! I used mini chips in them to distribute more and put them all in the muffin's instead of some on top part of the way through. mine came out to 126 calories each but they were fabulous and my daughter loved them too. i love chocolate!!!!! good way to get in dairy servings too because you need a big glass of milk with it :)
  • SanMcK70
    SanMcK70 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What the heck!? I've tried to make this twice and they came out terrible both times! So disappointed. No idea what I could be doing wrong.
    :sad:
  • dtiff
    dtiff Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    YUM!
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Bump-a-roonie!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eklopez14
    eklopez14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bumppp

What does "bump" mean? I've seen it before....
  • cowgrl84
    cowgrl84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • llabeff
    llabeff Posts: 4
    Options
    Have you tried to make these? I did and the first batch was real rubbery. I recommend putting the oats in the blender beforre everything else and blending them first. I then mixed the rest of the ingredients in a bowl with a mixer. They were much better. THey are really good though. My 5 year old thought they were amazing! That is just a suggestion on how to make them though if you find the original recipe a little rubbery.
  • lacystucky
    Options
    bump!!
  • twinlaced
    twinlaced Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    thanks <3
  • countrywildflower
    countrywildflower Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    oh my that sounds heavenly:happy:
  • cdparrish