Procrastination is my sin...

Options
No more "I'm starting tomorrow" or "After this weekend" or "The first of the month, for real this time...".

Starting TODAY I begin my weight-loss journey, and this time I"m not going to let negativity or laziness get in the way. Today is my first step towards becoming a more active, fit, healthier human being.

And I would love to go on that journey with you! I joined MFP so I could keep better track of what I'm doing and have guidelines and visuals, but also so I could talk to people, and get and give support! Whether you have already been successful and can share stories or tips, or whether you're just starting out like me and need someone to keep you motivated along the way, I'd love to hear from some of you.

I know it's going to be a challenge, but I'm finally tired of making excuses. Time to just do it!

Replies

• Ardyth1
    Ardyth1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Good for you!! Congratulations on taking the first step!

I have just started myself..have lost four pounds so far.My goal is to lose 40,and I know it isn't going to happen overnight!

You hear so many theories and suggestions on how to best acheive your goal.But thebottom line, I think, is to eat less, and move more. Sounds so simple... it's really hard to do this every day. But the reward is worth it, I think.. Keep your eyes on the prize!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    One of my sayings to clients "Procrastination is the Assassination of Motivation!"

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'm going to reply to this later...

:wink:
  • Thanks, guys! :)
    I'm going to reply to this later...

:wink:

I see what you did there...
  • jodyl70
    jodyl70 Posts: 94
    Options
    One of my sayings to clients "Procrastination is the Assassination of Motivation!"

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

LOVE this! Making a sign to put at my desk at work!

:happy:
  • iamshawnalee
    Options
    I think you read my mind. I have started "tomorrow" sooooo many times. I started 2 weeks ago. I did okay, then went to a convention and fell off the wagon. Today is my start over . I'm looking at losing 100 pounds. I will need a lot of support and motivation, but I will also be able to give a lot. Let's do this.
  • Mumtre
    Mumtre Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Just trying to start off again.
    Glad to have some mutual support.

And no procrastinating! :)
  • lademoiselle
    Options
    i completely agree... i used to say... "i'll start tmr.." and then it became.. "i should start on a monday.." lo and behold, years have passed!!!!

no more excuses. :)