Breaking the plateau???

Options
Okay, so anyone have any GREAT suggestions for breaking the lovely and dreaded plateau stage? I have upped my calories to around 1100, apparently I wasn't eating enough --- still no change, I am probably just impatient but I need ANY suggestion to kick start the weight loss again :)

Replies

• Janineshaw
    Options
    im having same problem but both of us arent eating enough apparently maybe up it again xx
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    1100 still is not enough. Calculate you BMR and eat at least that many calories + exercise.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    1100 calories? Way too little! Ditto what momof2 says. If you eat below your BMR, that slows down your metabolism.
  • spseattle25
    Options
    It's weird though, when I started 20 lbs ago, it was at 1500 max, now it is up --- telling me I should be eating 1600 calories. I physically cannot EAT anymore food. I am eating SO much.....

AHH.

:(
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Try eating at maintenance for a few weeks. You won't lose for a while, but it will probably make your body forget you are losing energy and it won't fight you anymore. Better than sitting at the same weight and killing yourself. This is what I plan to do if and when I hit a plateau.

And yes, you probably should eat above your BMR. Since that's how many calories you would need to eat while being in a coma. And you are not in a coma.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    Well, then, don't eat any more. You'll stay at that plateau. :drinker: You really need to eat.
  • spseattle25
    Options
    I am going to up it tomorrow and the rest of the week with some healthy fats and see what happens. :) also switching my meals around, bigger in the morning than at night. And increase water intake. Ahhh it's such a science, I wish it was simpler :)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    switch up your exercises... make them harder.. work out longer... add weights, like a weighted vest and/or gloves to your cardio!
  • wowens1
    wowens1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's weird though, when I started 20 lbs ago, it was at 1500 max, now it is up --- telling me I should be eating 1600 calories. I physically cannot EAT anymore food. I am eating SO much.....

AHH.

:(

So eat something full of calories but healthy calories, not empty calories. Healthy=Natural/Organic Peanut Butter Empty=Coke
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    sprints!