Zumba for the Wii

Options
Can anyone give me input on Zumba for the Wii. Looking for something low impact (had a knee replacement 5 years ago)?

Replies

• InStabilityKills
    Options
    Zumba done right isn't always low impact. With the Wii it can't judge form so you can fix it to moves that feel right. That's what a lot of the trainers do for students who have bad knees or such.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I use it, and I have had no problems, unlike the 30 DS, which killed my knee. For me, as a horrible dancer, the Wii Zumba is low impact, but super-high cardio. I sweat like crazy, and can barely talk while I'm doing it. So I'm sold on it.
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    I personally have Zumba 1 and 2 for Wii and LOVE it. But when I asked my trainer friend at my gym what she thought about it she cringed. I agree with the above poster that you can always modify the moves to make them low impact. My friend just said it isn't good on your joints because people don't know about correct alignment? I would rent it first before buying it to see if it is something you could start doing. I think the redbox kiosks has it sometimes? Good luck!
  • sparklefly74
    sparklefly74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me and my lack of rhythm, but I HATE zumba for the Wii. I can't seem to figure out what the moves are that they are doing because it isn't an actual person doing the moves, it more like a shadow (hard to explain). And sometimes it tells me that I'm doing the correct movements, but I know that I'm not. I know this isn't what you were asking, but I was really disappointed in it.
  • alexmeldan
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. Good idea to rent first. Think I will try it out this week.
  • kjbbdoll
    kjbbdoll Posts: 86
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii and hate it. Only tried it once. However, I started going to the actual classes a month ago and they are super fun! I don't believe them to be low impact though.