Need high calorie healthy food for dinner

Options
tobnrn
tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
Hey all. I went on this amazing hike this morning after zumba. I burned 730 cals. I ate a huge omlette for breakfast. A gyro for lunch and still have 800 cals 140 carbs and fat left and not hungry. Been trying to eat my exercise cals back.

Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Replies

• kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I always suggest the Kraft website. I love this one and have found many great recipes that don't take that much time to cook. Also, you can change things up to make it healthier. For example, tonight I am having mini meatloaves from this site and 2 mini meatloaves = 500 calories. There are a lot of variety as well.
  • jennkess
    jennkess Posts: 86
    Options
    perhaps just eat back 1/2 of your exercise calories around 400 or so and see if you are hungry later. I'd suggest protein based dinner. good chicken breast with perhaps a sauce on it. and a side salad with dressing or potatoes ( so maybe not the healthiest suggestion, but would taste yummy and with that kind of burn you and your body can have a few extra without kicking yourself)

and the Gyro is really high in sodium so make sure you drink a good deal of water (after you eat) :laugh:
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I always want fajitas - and you can do those healthy :)
  • megmanning
    Options
    I don't have a food suggestion, but how about not eating your exercise calories back? It is counterproductive to eat them all back. You are essentially only exercising so you can eat more.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Yes they are high in sodium. Im still under in sodium and have had 3.5 liters of water so far. Been wanting a gyro for 3 weeks but didnt want to waste the calories. When I saw the burn I got excited. Was like oh yeah can definitely have one now. Just feel so full still. Never thought I would be in this situation. Full with 800 calories to go. Its crazy to me.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Whole sweet potato topped with peanut butter or something else if you don't like that. I would have that alongside a protein and plenty of veggies. The remainder of the calories would be saved for a dessert of greek yogurt mixed with something or a cottage cheese mix. Thats just what I normally do.