Have you bought an elliptical? Help!

Options
Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing an elliptical (preferably from Sears?) but the ones I keep coming across online 'fall apart' after a while, etc. Has anyone bought an elliptical for their home that they love? Could you share what brand & model it is??

Thanks!
Allie

Replies

• rdbritton
    Options
    Yes, I purchased the Livestrong Ellipitcal from ****'s Sporting Goods around Christmas after testing those at Sears. I absolutely love it.
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I researched this before my purchase. It said to look for one with a long enough stride. The only one I found that I love I bought online at Sears (the local store now has one in stock). It is the Center Drive ACT Elliptical. You can adjust the stride between 18, 20, and 22". Most ellipticals drive me crazy cause they feel like the stride is too short. I like that the ACT is adjustable, it is very sturdy and takes up a smaller footprint. It is "da bomb!" It totally kics my butt too. AFter getting on this one and trying out others, the others feel like cheap pieces of crap (to me anyway).
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    My sister purchased one for around $900, then sold it a yr later for $600. Not sure which one she purchased but it didn't take up much space (unlike the ones at the gym) and worked very well.

What I do know is you don't want to buy the cheapest one possible. I've heard some horror stories too.

I like to use the ones at planet fitness but have notices some of those seem to be either off balence or "knocking" while in use. Possibly due to heavy use and/or ppl exceeding the weight limit. (make sure you check that too)

Certain brands will let you go forward and backward but some don't so before you try to go backward make sure your eliptical can function that way.

Hope you love the eliptical, its my new favorite at the gym.
  • Perswaysion
    Perswaysion Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I bought a sole but straight from Sole and not from sears. Most of the reviews I read seemed like people who put it together and didn't quite know how to read directions so we bought the upgrade where they put it together for us. We've had it a little over a month now and it gets heavy use. My husband does 1.5 on it every morning 7 days a week and I use it 4-5 days a week for 30 minutes. It has memory for 2 users but I'm the only who uses it like that he just uses it on general mode. Push and go. The only issue I have is a screw that won't tigheten down. Overall I"d give it an 8.5 out of 10. The fan isn't strong enough and thats my only major complaint. I'm 5'2 and my husband is 6ft and neither of us have an issue with the stride.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I have an Octane that I :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I just bought a used one from a sporting goods store for $60, I've had it for over 6 months and I haven't had any problems with it. It's a Momentum 750. Plus I love how small it is. Doesn't take up a ton of space.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Yes, I purchased the Livestrong Ellipitcal from ****'s Sporting Goods around Christmas after testing those at Sears. I absolutely love it.

Same here...we've had ours for over a year now and we love it!! It has so many workouts on it...you never get bored!! And the 100% incline really makes me 'feel the burn' in my glutes! :)
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    In January, I bought a Nordic Track 3.5 rear drive elliptical from Sears, it was on sale for $599........LOVE it, it's quiet, smooth, and has 10 different calorie burn workouts and 10 different performance workouts as well as manual mode. You can also hook into Ifit with Jillian Michaels (a kind of tape you put into the machine) and it's a live workout with her.