Is your goal to maintain your weight, not lose?

Options
Last spring I had a 20 pound weight loss goal and lost 18 of those pounds before I discovered MFP. (I wish I had known!) I lost a couple more shortly after I joined. Primarily, I am using this site to track my fitness goals and keep myself accountable and support some friends who are trying to lose weight.

The "weight loss progress" tracker really bugs me! Can I take it off my profile? It keeps making me feel like I should be losing weight when I really just want to maintain my weight. It's hard to switch gears after focusing on weight loss for so long. (After a couple of pregnancies, this was not my first time losing weight. :) ) No more kids so hopefully I am done this time!

Anyone else?

Replies

• atbrod
    atbrod Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Did you ever find the answer to your question? It makes me feel the same, since I gained a bit back in order to settle into a healthy weight.

Also, today is the first day I am 'maintaining' my weight loss. The calorie intake bumped up 500 calories! Does it really maintain your weight?
  • AngieELS
    AngieELS Posts: 18
    Options
    Nope, I still don't know the answer.

As for maintaining weight, it does seem like a lot! It does work but I work out at least 5 days a week and I seem to break even. I really feel like I would slowly gain if I ate that much without exercise... maybe I am just paranoid.