Pregnant and Fitness training

Options
Is anyone pregnant and still working out. If so what exercises do you recommend? I like doing videos like turbo fire, Billy blanks, zumba fitness. I want to continue doing it but I don't want to hurt the baby. Need some advice please and thank you.

Replies

• whitneymws
    whitneymws Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Is anyone pregnant and still working out. If so what exercises do you recommend? I like doing videos like turbo fire, Billy blanks, zumba fitness. I want to continue doing it but I don't want to hurt the baby. Need some advice please and thank you.

I worked out through my last pregnancy. I simply kept to what I was already doing - not pushing too hard but maintaining what I was used to doing. I think if you have already been doing those videos and make sure your heart rate keeps to a certain level (ask your doc) that you are good to keep working out.
  • tayri29
    tayri29 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks, that helps. I enjoy doing my videos they really help with my energy level especially recently since I have been feeling super tired. One more thing did the fact you worked out during your pregnancy help you lose baby weight
  • whitneymws
    whitneymws Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that helps. I enjoy doing my videos they really help with my energy level especially recently since I have been feeling super tired. One more thing did the fact you worked out during your pregnancy help you lose baby weight

I don't know if it helped me lose but it helped me keep more weight off. I gained 65 lbs with my first pregnancy and didn't work out AT ALL. With my second and last one, I had already been working out... I gained 40 lbs instead and ate the same way. So I do think that working out helped in that I gained less.

I always started working out as soon as I could after both pregnancies so I think that's what helped take it off once I had my babies... hope that helps!!!
  • smccb
    smccb Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have nine kids - but I only exercised regularly during 2 of those pregnancies. I found that these pregnancies were far, far easier, the labor and delivery a breeze, and the weight melted off MUCH, MUCH more quickly. I was told by my midwife that cardio is great for the baby - gives him/her an extra oxygen boost during the workout.

I do turbofire too and love it! Just finished week 12 and am starting the advanced classes. :-)