guys please answer my question!?

Options
ok, so MPF says my calorie goal is 1360. im 5'5 and 150 pounds. am i suppose to eat 1360 calories? can i eat less and lose weight??
THANKS!

Replies

• tgzerozone
    tgzerozone Posts: 160
    Options
    Depends on what you are trying to achieve? If you are trying to loose, I wouldn't go under that.
  • tgzerozone
    Options
    ohhh, one more thing, why are you trying to loose weight, your current weight sounds perfectly healthy.

Edit: Sorry, ran the numbers, didn't take your height into account.

Stick with that value and eat back exercise cals as the other poster suggested. Don't go lower than that.
  • sonnguyen10123
    Options
    i thought when you eat less you lose weight? well my body is fat not really "healthy".

well i also workout and cardio everyday too.

so what would i have to do to lose weight?
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    you would eat 1360 plus whatever calories you burn during your workout. less calories is not BETTER.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Be really careful of going too low. For some, 1200 is fine. For me, if I eat less than 1300, I go into a plateau.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    wow you're the same weight i am and i eat more calories than that and lost 2 lbs a week..

anyway i definitely wouldnt go below 1360, maybe you'll speed up your weight loss but it's very hard to both workout and only eat that amount.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Try 6 weeks keeping within 100 calories of the recommendation on either side.

Meticulously document everything that goes in the mouth. Foods, beverages, snacks, whatever.

Document your deliberate exercise and only count that. Eat back the exercise calories for now.

Drink plenty of water. That would mean actual water. Track other beverages with your meals, snacks, etc.

Get adequate sleep. It does make a difference in weight loss.

DO NOT WEIGH EVERY SINGLE DAY. Pick a weigh in day for the week and do it the same time every week.

Track for 6 weeks and see what happens and tweak from there.
  • angelashay42
    Options
    Eat the calories it tells you to eat plus any calories you burn exercising.
  • Quinn827
    Quinn827 Posts: 9
    Options
    It sounds to me like you might need to look more at WHAT you are eating not only calories. There is even such a thing as "skinny fat" I know it sounds strange but there are plenty of people who are a "good" weight but are flabby.

To build lean muscle you need to be sure to add resistance training (weights) to your workouts. Not heavy but this is the only way to save and build lean muscle. You also need ot focus on getting the correct grams of protein and finally eating GOOD carbs, not sugar. I think your calories are probably right on but make sure the food you consume is quality. "Clean eating" is the only way to turn flabby bodies into lean muscle. Hope this helps.:smile:
  • sonnguyen10123
    Options
    thanks guys. so lets say for today, i have at 900 calories. and burnt off 300. and have 700 calories left. should i eat more? please help. i dont want to have anything bad in my body.
  • tgzerozone
    Options
    You should've ate your 1300 cals, plus 300 (The ones you burned) equaling 1600.
  • shrinkinginQualicum
    shrinkinginQualicum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    The reason you don't want to eat less is that your body will lower your metabolism if it feels you are undereating. Then you will plateau, and that really sucks when you are working hard. I go to Curves gym, and their program actually has you eat MORE if you start to plateau, and that kicks your metabolism back to high gear.
  • sonnguyen10123
    Options
    ok. i think ill just stay from 100 below 1300 or 100 higher from now on.

thanks much peeps.