Strangest this you ever ate...

Options
HelloSweetie4
HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
Just wondering what are some of the crazy things people have eaten. Mine's not too exciting, I ate squid tenticles (thats tenticles not testicles!)

Replies

• carol989
    carol989 Posts: 19
    Options
    haha Ive had quail eggs before, they're a lot smaller than normal too.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    that was supposed to be thing not this... one hand types faster than the other lol
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Egg whites....and stuff them with Ground Turkey....delish....
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Fresh beef testicles on the branding fire....mmmm
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    Bison
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Uni - sea urchin gonads. Quite tasty sushi, actually!
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm not an adventerous eater...at all. The strangest thing was probably when I tasted calamari - which isn't really that strange!
  • crazydv
    crazydv Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    frog legs
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Some Canadian guy I met on the internet
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    squid, all of it & quails eggs are a standard part of our diet at home. chicken feet, deep fried a personal fav of mine.

My husband is from thailand so we eat all sorts of weird stuff. My mother in law makes an interesting small frog soup, whole small frogs cooked in a broth, their little bodies bloat up & they float on top of the soup. I wasn't keen, my son who was 2 at the time quite liked it though. We were invited to a neighbours place one time, they make silk & as a special honour of our visit took the silk worms & fried them up in hot oil or us.

Other normal foods is buying insect on sticks from roadside vendor when on car trips. I have tried the grasshopper but the specially bred cockroaches were a step too far for me.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    oh & forgot, when i traveled south africa I ate crocodile, emu, ostrich & kangaroo.
  • OH_matt
    OH_matt Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    fried alligator. wasn't half bad
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

/highfive
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options

/highfive

For the Win!!! OH Canada!!

BTW , props for the picture of Billy Mitchell..
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

/highfive

For the Win!!! OH Canada!!

BTW , props for the picture of Billy Mitchell..

Thank you, sir. /highfive
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Hmm I'm a pretty adventurous eater so there are things I've had that I wouldn't consider strange, but most probably would...

I've had foie gras, beef tartare, roasted bone marrow, eel, squid, sea urchin, rocky mountain oysters (yep, bulls' balls)...OH! When I was 16 I went on a theatre trip to NYC with a bunch of friends and we tried chocolate covered grasshoppers in Chinatown. They were crunchy.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    fried alligator. wasn't half bad

Omg they have fried alligator on a stick at this semi-annual festival here, and it's SO GOOD!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Habu (member of the cobra family; indigenous to Okinawa)
    Cat
    Dog
    Monkey
    Alligator
    Sea Urchin
    Goat
    Bear
    Rattlesnake
    Crickets
    Squirrel
    Sea Snails
    Moose
    Elk
    I could go on and on. I'll try anything. Anytime I pick up a menu and see something I've never had; that's what I order. I've had the good fortune to travel the world and found that one culture's pets are another cultures sustenance.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say it was the congealed pig blood. When I was travelling in China we went to a "fish head hot pot" restaurant. You basically cook at your own table. It starts with broth placed into a basin set into the middle of the table (which is heated). To that they add large fish heads. Then you select other items off the menu. The various varieties of fungus were all tasty, as were the fish heads themselves. (Though I wasn't quite brave enough to try the eyes.) But I did not like the cubes of congealed blood.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    squid, all of it & quails eggs are a standard part of our diet at home. chicken feet, deep fried a personal fav of mine.

My husband is from thailand so we eat all sorts of weird stuff. My mother in law makes an interesting small frog soup, whole small frogs cooked in a broth, their little bodies bloat up & they float on top of the soup. I wasn't keen, my son who was 2 at the time quite liked it though. We were invited to a neighbours place one time, they make silk & as a special honour of our visit took the silk worms & fried them up in hot oil or us.

Other normal foods is buying insect on sticks from roadside vendor when on car trips. I have tried the grasshopper but the specially bred cockroaches were a step too far for me.

I think you won. Bloated frog soup. Oh my.....