Headaches

Options
2»

Replies

• lkblazek
    lkblazek Posts: 36
    Options
    I've had withdrawal headaches from caffeine ... they're not fun. If the headaches are coming from the caffeine, you are probably almost through it. I too am having allergy headaches and sinus problems so you may be dealing with a combination of both. If you need to ease off the caffeine, try having one caffeine drink every other day and then every three days. That's what I ended up doing. You'll probably be able to go off completely after about 2 weeks. Meds didn't help much for the caffeine withdrawal headache. The Excedrin Migraine is well worth a try ... does wonders for migraine headaches. Good Luck!
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    Never quit caffiene cold turkey! Always wean yourself slowly. The headaches are killer!!!

lol well it wasnt completely cold turkey. I had 5 or 6 cans left when I decided to stop drinking it, so I had one a day until they were gone and havent had any since. I have had a small cup of coffee every other day or so because of the not sleeping well, but I'll probably stop that pretty quick too.
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    If the headache has been going on for several days and over the counter medication designed for headaches has not done anything for you, consult your physician. They would not only be able to prescribe something stronger for them but would be able to tell you the cause or possible cause.

I'd to go to a doctor, but I dont have insurance right now :(

but if it keeps going and I think it may be serious I'll find a way to get there
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    I had really bad headaches for the first 5 days of not drinking coffee and mild ones for about another week after that so maybe that is it. It's been good now tho, been about 3 weeks with no caffeine and I am sleeping a lot better so worth it in the long run!

Thanks, it helps to know when I can expect it to get better, and great job on your progress with it!
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I feel a better about it, I'm going to try all of the helpful tips you guys suggested, and definetely going to stick it out and not go back to soda!
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    for the past 3 nights I've been having trouble sleeping and had a headache all day today. not from caffeine withdrawal though.

Hey, Keep your head up, alright? ;)

I hope your feeling better soon
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    If you're having withdrawals, it's best to wean yourself off more slowly so you don't get those kinds of headaches. I tried quitting caffeine and sugar cold turkey one day and ended up with a monster headache that stuck around for a couple of days. Treat it like the drugs they are...quitting in stages!

But it could be the water thing too. :flowerforyou:
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I have had a terrible headache for the last few days straight...I havent been sleeping well and I just gave up soda, so it could be from a lack of caffeine and sugar and sleep...but it's killing me! I've been taking advil and it hasnt really helped at all.

Has anyone had a similar experience when making diet changes? or know anything else that may help?

Just ride it out and try to rest. I have just stopped taking the pill and have had horrendous headaches for the last week. Finally starting to come good now thankfully. It's just like a bad hangover, just gotta push through it and let it work itself out of your system.
  • AVinmill
    AVinmill Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    when I quit coffee I had headaches like you wouldn't believe. But now that I am off coffee I sleep much better, get better workouts and just feel better in general. Getting over the headaches sucks but so worth it once you kick the habit.
  • velloxal
    velloxal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You should try rub Chinese Tiger Balm (Safeway, Coles in pills section) on your forehead. You will have slightly warming and burning sensation, but be careful wash your hand straight away and don't touch your eyes.

You can try to sip some cola to help with withdrawal symptoms. This way your body will have less shock. You can also drink sparkling mineral water.

When you have worst headache try to sleep the pain. Close your curtains and play relaxing possibly instrumental music, you can burn fragrance candles.