Best work lunches?

Options

Replies

• Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    container of light and fit yogurt (banana cream pie is good) , a whole banana cut up, and all bran bran buds mixed in for lotssssss of fiber! Its like a healthy version of a parfait. It's also like 200 cals...10 grams of protein and over 50% of your daily fiber. \

yummyyyy :tongue:
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    also cheap! yogurts are on-sale lately for like 50-60 cents a cup! Bananas at 59 cents a pound!
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    My husband and I like making salads with chicken and fruit. I do a few cups of spinach (or other lettuce), shredded chicken (I buy premade packages), diced apples, diced strawberries, and whatever else sounds good. Other stuff I've added: sliced grapes, carrots, tomatoes, dried cranberries & almonds. With strawberries I like it so much I can skip the cheese and dressing but if you choose to use them just pick healthy versions. I like fat free feta cheese and Kraft Fat Free dressings. Then I usually cut up a bunch of fruit to take also (just watch the sugar content of some fruits.)

Another recipe I like is 2 slices of wheat bread with a slice of low fat or fat free cheddar cheese and sliced tomatoes and red peppers (even better if you can put it in the oven for a few minutes).

191371.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    The safeway brand "Eating Right" entrees are awesome! Low sodium, tasty, and cheap! (5 for $10).
  • dnr128
    dnr128 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Whole Kernel Corn, Canned, 0.25 cup
    Joseph's -Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour wrap
    Black Beans, 1/2 cup
    San Pedro's - Fresh Mild Salsa, 2 tbs
    Handful of lettuce
    50% Reduced Fat Cheddar - Cheese,
    Joseph's -Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour wrap

so filling, and so tasty.. only about 300 calories and 25 grams of protein!! tastes almost as good as a burrito. You could always take the cheese out to make it a little better for you.
  • banji_scott
    Options
    Lean Cusines, Smart Ones, Lean Pockets...........or i bring cut up veggies and lite ranch, light and fit plain yogurt with cut strawberries or raspberries, triscuits thin crisps with laughing cow triangles yummy, pretzel sticks like 45 for 100 cal.

109408.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • gillianr
    Options
    I like toasted tomato or cucumber sandwiches with fat free cream cheese on country harvest flax bread. I find I am full afterwards and am not tempted to snack.

the other lunch i like is plain rice cakes with roasted garlic hummus and carrot/celery sticks (That one is a bit easier to pack)
  • clk238
    clk238 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    this salad won't go soggy, even if you make it the night before.

chopped:
    cucumbers, red onions, yellow bell peppers, cherry tomatos, chunks of grilled chicken
    small bit of lowfat crumbled feta
    mix in with WHITE balsalmic, and a tiny bit of evoo, and put some spices on top sat and pepper, and I use this italian mixed spice grinder i have

this makes a great greek-tasting salad, but you could probably mix it up with other variations of cheese and dressing. the point is that it's all veggies and lean protein...

The call cnotent depends on the measurements of feta, evoo, and chicken... the rest is virtually cal-free (though you should still log!)
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    i'm a wap fanatic......and smart and delicious wraps with olive oil is definately DELICIOUS.... very good for u too the one i have has 13 grams of fiber 90 calories and then i put some all natural turkey breast on it with a slice of cheese lettuce and tomatos....either mustard or plain :bigsmile:
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    Cut up veggies with hummus and 1/2 of a chicken breast cooked.

Wash it down with water

Yup, that's how I roll. I buy a bunch of chicken breasts on Sunday and roast them in the oven. This last weekend, I did 3 breasts with lemon pepper seasoning and 3 breasts with garlic and chile powder.

I cut them all up in chunks and put them in the fridge. I also cut up all my veggies for the week (my boyfriend laughed at me because when he called on Sunday I was like, can't talk now, chopping!).

So for lunch I just throw a bunch of veggies and some chicken in a tupperware, put some hummus in a seperate little container and just munch away ! I also get a bag of salad so that I can switch it up and have chicken salad instead.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    i'm a wap fanatic......and smart and delicious wraps with olive oil is definately DELICIOUS.... very good for u too the one i have has 13 grams of fiber 90 calories and then i put some all natural turkey breast on it with a slice of cheese lettuce and tomatos....either mustard or plain :bigsmile:

Is smart and delicious the brand name? Where do you get them?
  • kathann
    kathann Posts: 1
    Options
    Salad with lots of flavour and just a bit of dressing......add in bits of feta cheese, carrots, avacado, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans, chicken - it's all about flavour - salads need umph!
    Tired of salads - make a veg soup and pair it up with a wrap.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

Is smart and delicious the brand name? Where do you get them?

Smart & Delicious wraps are made by La Tortilla Factory. I find them in the mexican aisle at the grocery store.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I just found Starkist Gourmet Seas Tuna - I got the Savory Tomato kind.

I eat it out of the cup, it comes with a little spork, and it's very good

It's 100 Calories, 360mg sodium, 240 potassium, 6 carbs, 3 sugars, 1 fiber, total fat 1.5 grams.

It does have sugar in it, not HFCS. Sodium hit isn't too bad. You could add whole grain crackers or bread if you wanted.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Lean Cusines, Smart Ones, Lean Pockets...........or i bring cut up veggies and lite ranch, light and fit plain yogurt with cut strawberries or raspberries, triscuits thin crisps with laughing cow triangles yummy, pretzel sticks like 45 for 100 cal.

109408.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Holy cow what a small world!! I noticed the "W" on your ticker and thought that looked like a Washington W. (I'm not into sports but I recognize the emblems.) I looked at your profile and saw you live in Sumner. I work in Sumner!
  • melmel12
    melmel12 Posts: 21
    Options
    these are really good ideas, i have the worst habit of going out and buying lunch or not eating at all!!!!:embarassed:
  • banji_scott
    Options
    Thats crazy......small small world!!!
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I roast veges twice a week (what ever is in season locally). I chop then roast with Pam Olive Oil spray. Then I make quinoa, mix it all up with chopped herbs and chopped tomatoes and 1 tbs of some really good oil (probably OIive) and 2 tbs of some vinegar. It's good for lunch or snacks for 4-5 days. It's in a big bowl in the fridge, and I simply put into tupperware (sp?). Very good on protein. Low on calories, low on fat (but you can easily add good fat to it). Add more good oil or some avocado. You can eat it cold or zap it. I like it cold.