What to eat now?

Options
SammyKatt
SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
I've been trying really hard to eat back my exercise calories, but never really eat more than 100 back. I'm starting to lose weight slower and feel I REALLY need to focus and eat them back now.

Tonight I still have 487 cals left and I'm not sure what I should eat.

Any ideas?

Replies

• SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    when I have that many calories left, I go right for the chocolate.
  • SammyKatt
    Options
    I think thats what I will have to eat. =/
  • resan224
    resan224 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Im not saying youre wrong, Im asking because Im confused....why are you trying to eat back your calories from exercising???
  • SammyKatt
    Options
    Because MFP already sets you with a calorie deficit so when you workout you should be eating back your calories. Otherwise you won't be eating enough.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Never have an issue getting to my calories. Few tbsp peanut butter or some trail mix and i am sorted.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Ice cream =)
    it's not thaaat bad for you
    cheese?
    now you having me thinking of eating....
    brownie!
    nom nom nom...now i'm over! thanks a lot
    (i kid)
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I had this problem when I first upped my cals to keep my weightloss moving. Here's what I've done-

-protein powder double scoop with peanut butter (over 350 cals)
    - 1/2 cup of cashew halves (over 200 cals)
    - three scrambled eggs (about 200 cals)
    - 1 ounce of cheese is roughly 100 cals
    -red meat has TONS more cals than chicken/turkey and hey- burgers are delish.
  • SammyKatt
    Options
    I ended up going with low carb ice cream and 3-2-1 cake (with a little protein powder mixed in) so bump it up. And en extra serving of veggies with my dinner. I'm stuffed now. I really hope raising my calories with help the scale go down again!
  • enginerd81
    Options
    Try eating more throughout the day. Its a lot easier to spread 400 Cal over 12 hr than cram it in at the end of the night. I usually look before I leave work at 4 and see if I am going to need a snack to prevent a big calorie deficit.
  • IPAfan5
    IPAfan5 Posts: 27
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese
    Whey protein shake
    Cheese
    Greek yogurt
    Oatmeal

All under 200 calories and loaded with protein to make you satiated longer.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    90 cal tortilla with 2 tbsp nutella and peanut butter. Reeses Heaven for 490 cals. <3

saw you ate already, just wanted to throw that out there for next time.
  • SammyKatt
    Options
    Try eating more throughout the day. Its a lot easier to spread 400 Cal over 12 hr than cram it in at the end of the night. I usually look before I leave work at 4 and see if I am going to need a snack to prevent a big calorie deficit.

I've been trying to do that! I have a hard time eating at work since I'm not really hungry anymore. I wake up at 6, get to work at 7 and I have to force myself to eat breakfast by 8. (I did just buy some bars today for me to eat as soon as I wake up since I think that might be the problem) Then by lunch time I'm still not hungry so I just wait until around 1 to eat. I get off at 3, home by 3:20 to workout so I have a post workout snack around 4:30 (small, normally string cheese or an apple) and then dinner around 6. Dinner seems to be the only big meal I can eat.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem tonight so I had a hard-boiled egg, 1/8 cup of raw almonds, a Colby Jack cheese stick & I'm going to get a vanilla cone from McDonald's (only 150 cal!!) on the way over to my boyfriend's house :drinker:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    PB sandwich? Almonds, pistachios?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Phở
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Try throwing in a couple doses of fish oil every day. That'll boost you.
    Nuts will help too.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Eat thai food. It's yummy.