New to myfitnesspal

Options
Hi everyone, My name is Christina. I am tired of making excuses for myself. In one year I have gained 47 lbs and am ready to lose it and get my body back. I want to feel comfortable with myself again as well as fit back into all those cute clothes in my closet currently haunting me. :) All the motivation I can get on here is much appreciated.

Replies

• proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add request sending now . . . :happy:
  • MrsHutcho9988
    Options
    Hey Christina!! Welcome to my fitness pal :) I know how you feel. I have about 90 more pounds to lose, and I know I could not have lost my first 10lbs without the support of the great people on here and all the tools this website has to offer. Feel free to add me, and that goes for anyone who replies to this. I am on everyday, and it has really changed my life. Good luck to you! You can do it!!!
  • ninabolous12
    ninabolous12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    welcome!!!
  • Bcugirl09
    Bcugirl09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Ashly and I am new to MyFitnessPal too! I have been on it for two days and I already feel a difference. I have six months to lose around 85-90 lbs. I would love to make some new friends for support!!:smile:
  • c_amsler
    c_amsler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You
    Can
    DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was telling my sister earlier how much this app (iphone) has changed my thinking about food/calories, etc.
    Drink LOTS of water. Take your body weight, divide by 2. The result equals the amount of water (in ounces) you should drink daily to start losing weight. I used to drink between 4-6 glasses a day. Now, I average 12 to 14 cups (8oz)/day - what a difference!

Good Luck!