i fell off the wagon

Options
I don't know.what's wrong with me. I lost my Motivation and I cant seem to get it back. I need help getting back on track. Can anyone give me ideas to get myself back on track? Help!!!

Replies

• Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I used to lose motivation when I tried to have too big of a deficit. I couldn't deal with the hunger and tiredness. I couldn't face having to starve myself for months on end to get to my goal.
    I've now increased my calories to 2100 and am losing at a pace that's even faster than when I used to diet the traditional way (1400 or less cals per day)
    Knowing I can EAT lots of food and still lose weight has definitely kicked up the motivation factor for me.
    I'll be able to do this for the rest of my life.
    I have energy. I can sleep for longer and more soundly. I feel so much better than before.

IF you are eating too little, this could be why you're not feeling motivated.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Just look at yourself and ask is this the person you want to be. Then take a long look in the mirror and see if you are satisfied with yourself. If you are then fine but if you want to change then you have to do it. Try to think of something that you want more than anything and that requires you to be where you want to be to get it. You have to find small amounts of motivation at first then find long term goals you would like to achieve. Don't Worry you will get it just keep trying.
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Be like Nike.. Just do it. [/cheese]
  • mommiehicks
    mommiehicks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I just told a friend today that I feel as though I feel off the wagon too. I am trying to motivate myself but it's not working well. I hope and plan to log on each day critically looking at what I am eating and how much exercise. I don't exercise near as often as I should. I was thinking I could set a short term goal of so many calories a week I wanted to burn and work it up. :/ I wish it would just melt off in the sun (I'd be out there ALL day!) lol!
  • Xabsentimentalx
    Xabsentimentalx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    so a friend and i subscribe to 2 different magazines for fitness. one day we both came to the conclusion, why do we get these magazines to only read once and throw out or keep on your shelf?
    after much thought we decided WHY NOT CUT OUT THESE AWESOME ARTICLES AND MAKE A BOOK!

so this is just what we are doing. taking our magazines, cutting out different motivational articles, recipes, exercises and pasting them into a book. We picked up a hard cover 395 page blank book at Walmart for 8 dollars. it is so much fun!!! then you have a chance to really read through it. and whenever your down. or hungry, flip through your recipes!!! and you will eat healthy!!
  • AuntKeke1315
    AuntKeke1315 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree with BigRich. A long look in the mirror helps me get motivated.

Also, think about how hard it is to get started. Moving backwards is not the way you want to go! A little slip will be okay... you can push back through. But don't let yourself have a big slip. Getting started is always the worst part, and you don't want to go back to that.
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hate to break it to you, but this will be an on-going cycle. Like the one poster said, even if it is cheesey (LOL) "Just do it". You'll kick into gear after a bit. Allow yourself a cheat day. One day a week where you agree with yourself not to log, obsess or feel guilty and eat what you want. You will be surprised, that as time goes on, these cheat days aren't really cheating, but it does give you a break from the day to day discipline. Also, my motivation to exercise is so I can eat what I want. I am really trying to eat healthier, but I do love my junk food. Food is not my reward for exercising, not having to deny myself is my reward for exercising. Good luck to you!
  • momof377
    momof377 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful idea!!!
  • alexro277
    Options
    Remind yourself of why you wanted to do this, look at pictures or imagine yourself skinnier, think about being healthy and looking hot!!! Imagine all of the benefits that come with getting healthy not only for yourself but inspiration for others around you. Watch the biggest loser, post motivating quotes around you and on your computer, tell your friends and family what you're doing. JUST GO TO THE GYM and stop making excuses. Much harder said than done but at the end of the day, you must find what inspires you and WHY you want this in the first place. Also, remember that it will take time to take the weight off, don't get frustrated and remember that it took more than a day to put the weight on, it's going to take more than a day to take the weight off! It's all about being patience and making a life change. You're not going on a diet, you're not doing this for a week or two, you are changing your entire life and becoming more active in general, not just "going on a diet or something" lastly, check out the BMI calculator, remember the health risks that come with being obese or just watch the victoria's secret fashion show... anyway, these are all the things I did and I lost about 17 pounds before joining this website. Good luck and YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
  • Looney123
    Looney123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone. It's been a very hard week, and I gained 5 lbs, definitely NOT the way I want the scale to point. Thanks to all of your motivation, I'm back on track and will not go that way again hopefully. Just do it is the phrase that will hopefully keep my motivation on track!!!!
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I just told a friend today that I feel as though I feel off the wagon too. I am trying to motivate myself but it's not working well. I hope and plan to log on each day critically looking at what I am eating and how much exercise. I don't exercise near as often as I should. I was thinking I could set a short term goal of so many calories a week I wanted to burn and work it up. :/ I wish it would just melt off in the sun (I'd be out there ALL day!) lol!

I think a short-term goal like this is a VERY good idea!
  • donnapajak
    Options
    I fell off last year I lost over 40lbs and gained it back over the fall when I had a death in the family. I just got tired of being sick and tired if you know what I mean. Love yourself and just say today is the day I am going to do right! Just PUSH yourself to do it and after the first day you will get that motvation back.I have been doing it now for 10 days I have only lost 4lbs but I'm losing. You will feel so much better once you start again. Hope this helps
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I don't know.what's wrong with me. I lost my Motivation and I cant seem to get it back. I need help getting back on track. Can anyone give me ideas to get myself back on track? Help!!!

Here...take my hand and let me help you get back on...it's not going anywhere without you.
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Options
    It's not always about the weight. As someone reminded me the other day, your weight gain could very well be muscle, as well. And I didn't pay much attention to see if you're male or female (sorry, still tryin to wake up), but it could also be PMS playin tricks on ya.. the idea behind losing weight is to gain a healthier lifestyle and activity level. Don't stress over it too much. I'm doing that enough for everyone :)
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Paste this on your mirror: "IF YOU'RE TIRED OF STARTING OVER, STOP GIVING UP" . Or maybe this one (I have this one up on my own mirror) I AM MY ONLY OBSTACLE, THE REST IS JUST EXCUSES. That one slogan has been my mantra since January, and it's amazing how much it helps remind me that I have the choice, every minute of every day, to do what will help me or hurt me. Oh, and one more: A YEAR FROM NOW, WHAT WILL I WISH I HAD DONE DIFFERENTLY TODAY? It happens to all of us and learning how to "pull up your big girl panties and drive on" is part of the process. Good luck!
  • ktousi
    ktousi Posts: 8
    Options
    One thing that has helped me in the past has been to visualize (sit down, close your eyes and put yourself there) how I will feel when I reach my goal. What will I be doing, how will I feel and, yes, how will I look? Very detailed. I imagine a warm sunny day and I am going for a walk with my dogs, I have a slimming red top that bares my toned arms. I have a big smile on my face as I briskly walk, waving at friends. I feel fit, strong and confident. I replace whatever negative vision I have (my body in a mirror right now does not do it) with a positive, forward-looking vision of where I will be. If that vision is strong enough, it usually helps me overcome whatever barrier I have in front of me right now. Good luck!
  • DaBaroness
    Options
    I soooooo know the feeling! I got so busy and tired of trieing to keep track all the time! Now my family wants to get involved and their motivating me! My advice: Don't EVER diet alone! you need the support and love from friends and family! Feel free to add me I love how everyone on here motivates eachother! Also, to help my climb back on the wagon Im kick starting my diet with the slim fast plan! So maybe mix it up try something new!:happy: