New from Missouri

Options
Hi,

I heard about this site from my mom and my aunt who already use it, and are having great success with it.

I hurt my back in October of last year. I have a herniated disc and the two discs below it are bulging. I see my doctor regularly, and I'm on enough medicines to choke a horse, but it keeps the pain at a tolerable level. However, I'm only 41 and the mother to four awesome kids. I don't want to feel like this, and most of all I don't want to live on a bunch of pills so that life is "tolerable". Unfortunately, the surgeon won't operate because I'm overweight and that puts me at a high risk of a recurrence of the injury. So obviously, the key is to lose weight. If only it were as easy to do it as it is to say it. I'm not supposed to exercise at all due to the injury, but I don't listen well. I have things to do. :smile: But I am trying to behave some. I'm walking, and only walking, and only for as far as my back says I'm allowed. Which isn't far.

Anyway...I'm in search of a cheering squad/bad behavior pointer outer...lol :tongue: ...to help keep myself more accountable. I'm perfectly willing to give all the help I receive!!

So please feel free to add me as a friend, and I'll do the same for you, and we'll help each other through this maze of weight loss.

Thanks,

Hollie

Replies

• Loislaine61
    Options
    You are an awesome person. I hope you get a ton of friends. :flowerforyou:
  • rawheeler38
    Options
    I am sure you will do awesome! I have found this to be a very supportive site--Feel free to add me! I am from Missouri too :)
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hi from Springfield MO! This site is great! Feel free to add me if you like! :) Best of luck!
  • DJNDonna
    DJNDonna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im from Springfield too...just recently moved to Kentucky!!
  • hshockey
    hshockey Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you, Aunt Lois!! :laugh:
  • Loislaine61
    Options
    Your welcome! I see you found a few friends.